We are so excited to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's great to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager who knows how to ship great products and deliver exceptional value to customers. Knock’s product mission is to empower operators to drive NOI through an intelligent, connected, and comprehensive front-office SaaS platform built to optimize the complete tenant lifecycle.
You will be responsible in helping deliver customer value by scaling up our products' performance and scalability through modernizing our tech stack, building shared services, and delivering on engineering initiatives that increase our speed and unlock future phases of growth and innovation. You will collaborate with all areas of Product (including DataScience) and leaders across Engineering including our Systems Architecture, QA, Tech Leads, DevOps and our growing team of Platform Engineers. You will collect product requirements and drive execution on all Platform initiatives and serve as the voice of Product on key decisions and relations with our technology vendors. Our Platform team’s efforts are pivotal to Knock’s success and you will be in a critical new role at Knock with a unique opportunity to drive business, customer and engineering outcomes as we continue to grow and scale quickly.
The Product and Engineering teams together consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry. Our product covers a large surface - powering marketing automation, omni channel communications, AI bots, sales and renewal CRM, agent and self-guided touring, tenant screening, advanced business intelligence capabilities, and much more. We utilize an agile development process, and lean heavily on best practices around PR FAQ’s, PRD, UX research and usability testing, SDLC, etc. all to ensure we are maximizing product fit and execution.
Day to Day
- Be the subject matter expert on all of our Platform initiatives and how they impact customers and Knocks products and shared services.
- Cross-functional team alignment on product priorities, roadmap creation, product execution / delivery, and customer activation.
- Product research. You gather feedback and intelligence from a number of sources to inform product opportunities, including customer feedback, market research, competitive positioning, and other software verticals.
- Product planning. You will work with product and engineering leadership, and tech leads to define, size, and create and commit to a technical roadmap focused on engineering initiatives and customer value creation.
- Anticipate and advise on trade-offs and balances of business needs versus technical constraints.
- Product delivery. You will partner with engineering to drive operational performance by holding teams accountable for quality and timeliness to execute on the deliverables that have been agreed upon between teams.
- Product usage measurement. You will utilize data to inform priorities and product decisions. From UX research, to market sizing, to product utilization, you are able to effectively answer business questions within a data driven approach.
- Be knowledgeable on competitive markets and industry forecasts.
- 3+ years in a Technical Product Owner or TPM role for a software platform or SaaS company
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies - must have a strong technical aptitude with an ability to understand technical requirements
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experience defining short and long term product strategies and execution
- You’ve shipped products with large initiatives with complex requirement and dependencies before
- Strong communication skills with high attention to detail - demonstrated experience presenting information to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You know how to use data - whether its research, measuring usage, or how data is an asset - you are comfortable incorporating data into the way you work
- You know how to ask questions, gather feedback, and distill all of the noise into clear priorities with a winning strategy
Why You'll Love It Here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Flexible work options - choose to be a HQ, Hybrid or Remote employee with various benefits.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with company match to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm focused on the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the awesome #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
2021 Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work
2021 Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Companies to Work
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily®
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women
Knock is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.