Vice President, Product at Expedia Group
Vice President, Product
As the Vice President of Product for our eCommerce suite, you will lead, drive, prioritize and represent the consolidated end-to-end product roadmap with eCommerce leaders to ensure alignment and execution on key business objectives and managed metrics. This person will partner and influence Platform & Marketplace stakeholders to ensure broader alignment & knowledge of the plan to drive that execution. You will drive prioritization of our product roadmap, creating a consistent and measurable way to prioritize work and to measure success. The person in this role must be highly collaborative with eCommerce stakeholders and will own the decision regarding the final eCommerce Product roadmap in partnership with eCommerce SVP input.
The eCommerce organization at Expedia is in the process of pivoting a platform offering of internal and external partners with significant opportunity for top line and bottom line improvement. As we pivot the eCommerce organization from the historical set of functions into a more robust offering, we need this product leader to set and drive horizontal direction and alignment for eCommerce as a platform offering. The position requires working closely with peers across various lines of business and all brands within Expedia Group to build and improve the air product and experience. As a result, you will need to be a practiced negotiator and a creative problem solver capable of building consensus across a large global organization.
What you’ll do:
- Perform ongoing cross business unit road map prioritization to develop one master eCommerce Roadmap.
- Directly lead the Product Management talent across the subdivision
- Lead and align the eCommerce stakeholders product roadmaps on an ongoing basis through a product council.
- Track closure rate and ROI for work that is completed.
- Lead communications to create alignment for product vision across all key stakeholders within eCommerce, across P&M and the overall organization.
- Create awareness of ecommerce initiatives and innovation across the organization.
- Provide mentorship and feedback to product leaders on direction, focus areas and connections to other initiatives in the organization.
- Build relationships and influence across multiple parties.
- Mutually accountable with eCommerce stakeholders for clarity, alignment, and prioritization of the product roadmap for eCommerce
- Enable effective delivery of products/services within eCommerce and P&M via partnerships and collaboration
- Ensure the product roadmap is creating proper scale for the enterprise by providing a diverse and cross portfolio distribution of initiatives to drive a variety of potential growth opportunities.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of successful product management leadership experience in mobile and web-based products; Well versed and experienced with eCommerce, B2B platform offerings, and/or B2C online businesses. Travel experience a plus.
- Proven excellence leading diverse functional and globally dispersed teams in high-impact initiatives that deliver meaningful business results.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action; Be self-directed and able to move forward in a somewhat ambiguous environment.
- Curious and highly analytical, adept at using data to uncover hidden customer needs and deeply understand key business drivers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; simplify, clarify and succinctly convey complex information and ideas to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Creative thinker with extraordinary business, strategic, analytical, management and relationship skills
- Inspiring and approachable as a leader
- Create an environment where people can realize their full potential
- Be humble and lead with open, candid relationships
- Inspire peripheral relationships across Expedia Group
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain talented individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates
- Natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate, with a desire to continuously learn more, which you use to understand basic business operations and the organizational levers that drive profitable growth
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems and situations
- Lead mostly with questions rather than opinions, thriving on the opportunity to own, innovate, create, and constantly re-evaluate
- Comfortable making recommendations across competing and equally critical business needs
- Simplify, clearly and succinctly convey complex information and ideas to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Motivated by goal achievement and continuous improvement, with the enthusiasm and drive to motivate your team and the wider organization
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.