Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover seeks a passionate, experienced Applications Manager to own and grow multiple corporate applications including all operations SaaS tools in the Seattle office! Major components of our Tech Stack include: Zendesk, Talkdesk, Chatitive, ServiceNow and Jira.
We are looking for someone to take the lead on a number of large initiatives this year including international expansion and rolling out a new internal process automation SaaS service. This person will be involved in planning strategic IT initiatives and delivering on business-wide growth and expansion projects. Rover is transitioning from a medium-sized, US-only company to a large company, expanding across the globe.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has excellent communication and teamwork skills, loves to build scalable technology solutions and has propensity for problem solving on a large scale. There are a lot of opportunities to continue to build a great team and create innovative solutions with leading-edge tools.
What does IT look like at Rover?
Rover’s IT environment has very little on-premise hardware. Our strategy is to leverage cloud based services exclusively to ensure maximum scalability, adaptability and security. For all non-SaaS services, we run our own AWS Kubernetes cluster to ensure that we have no servers onsite. IT constantly strives to deliver the best technology solutions that support Rover’s mission of making it possible for everyone to experience the unconditional love of a pet. Our company and team are growing rapidly, so the ideal candidate will have experience working with tools that are needed during our transition from small to a large organization.
- Manage vendor relationships with customer operations partners.
- Responsible for driving KPIs, contract negotiation and ensuring solutions meet Rover’s emerging needs.
- Serve as a systems expert to engineer cross-departmental solutions that achieve key operational results
- Develop, implement and maintain system protocols; including outages, degradations, communication plans and change management
- Responsible for adherence to compliance standards (PCI, SOX, GDPR, etc.)
- Manage a small team of Application Administrators
- Build and roll out solution-appropriate tools and drive innovation across the team
- Proactively seek out problems and design scalable solutions to rectify those issues
- Own the solutions of Zendesk and associated tie-in SaaS systems
- Ownership of ServiceNow, Jira and other key Corporate Applications
- Be a key contributor to Rover’s continuing international-expansion efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in a CRM, HRIS, Finance tools Management or related role
- Expertise in administering operational SaaS solutions like Zendesk, Talkdesk & Chatitive
- Experience with services like ServiceNow, Jira and other technology solutions
- Superior communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Project and program management skills, including experience launching and migrating core systems
- Experiencing leading and developing a team including vendors
- Experience integrating systems from multiple companies onto a single platform
- Extensive SaaS vendor management experience
Why we'll hire you:
- You are a fast learner and can quickly acclimate to working with new technologies
- You keep up with the latest technology and can identify which systems will help Rover develop new capacities and continue to scale
- You love to help people by building better tools to make their lives easier!
- You utilize your superior communication skills to build bridges between technical and non-technical teams, delivering the best technology solution for the business need.
- You see how the problems of today are driving the solutions of tomorrow
- You are self-started and self-directed
- You have a passion to deliver the best end-user experience for Corporate Applications technologies
- You believe in our mission as a company
- You like to work hard, and have fun while you're doing it!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.