Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The Marketplace Growth organization is a centralized team that optimizes across supply, demand, and operations to achieve company financial and growth goals through Market Development, Marketplace Operations, Pricing, and novel Growth Programs. This role will be part of the Marketplace Resiliency team within Marketplace Operations. The Marketplace Resiliency team focuses on cross organizational processes and forward-looking analytics to minimize the impact of outsized risk from marketplace disruptions, such as wildfires, labor strikes, hurricanes, etc. and tentpole events, like major holidays or regulatory inspections.
- Develop and support initiatives to understand the mechanics of disruption events within the marketplace
- Create processes and mechanisms to increase coordination while minimizing risk to marketplace outcomes
- Drive structured and coordinated cross organizational responses to unpredicted market events.
- Build and maintain quantitative surveillance mechanisms to monitor for indicators of disruption events/markets in partnership with world class Data Science and Analytics teams
- Lead ad hoc quantitative deep dives and provide actionable insights to the business
- Partner with world-class product and engineering teams to design tools and infrastructure that support ambitious scale
- Bring energy, passion, vision, and a positive attitude
- Relevant Experience: 2-4 years of professional/business experience in progressive analytical roles. Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, or related field preferred.
- Fluency with Data: Strong analytical skills – moderate/advanced Excel/Sheets, good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics, and experience writing/understanding SQL queries (or other coding background).
- Apt Communications: Ability/willingness to communicate, through both written and spoken mediums, to internal and external stakeholders, as well as senior executives, with keen attention to detail and clear delivery of complicated topics.
- Willingness to Bring Structured to the Unstructured: Comfortable tackling complex problems with simple frameworks and heuristics.
- Superior Organizational and Time Management Skills: Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution.
- A “Yes, If” Mindset: Believe that there is a path to a solution to every problem, and that seeing/acknowledging the challenges on each route is key to selecting the right way forward.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!