Associate Project Manager at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The PitchBook Product team is looking for an Associate Project Manager to help with the management and execution of project deliverable. More specifically, this role will help drive the creation of project plans, oversee project performance and road-map updates, generate project status communications and reports, ensure timely completion of deliverables, and certify team communication and collaboration. Competitive candidates are detail-oriented and will have excellent project management and communication skills, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Project Team to define project scope and schedule to drive the creation of detailed project plans
- Support project meetings and ensure consistent distribution of meeting notes, status updates and project progress communication to keep all necessary stakeholders informed
- Facilitate team development of project milestones, work breakdown structures, document hand-offs and dependencies, critical paths, project statuses, project risks, and contingency plans
- Ensure all necessary resources and stakeholders adhere to project plan and assign action items to assure project execution
- Manage project team action items and project updates, holding individuals and team members accountable to commitments
- Proactively identify potential risks, dependencies, and obstacles that may hinder successful completion of deliverables and achievement of project goals
- Track changes to the project scope and project schedule and record project performance updating project plans and road-maps
- Maintain reporting metrics, boards, and templates to document and track project progress
- Create and manage project schedule, road-maps, and resource plans and incorporate into dashboards and reports
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 1-3 years project management experience working in a software product or software service team
- Ability to help direct, plan, and deliver on multiple projects in a timely manner
- Strong project management, problem-solving, change management and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and constantly looking for process improvements
- Proficient in JIRA and Asana to track tasks and develop reporting, boards, etc.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer. #LI-JH1