Data Partner Manager at Ekata
Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro) provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
The position has two primary focus areas: 1) on-boarding new data partners and managing the corresponding testing and contract negotiations, and 2) managing the relationships with our existing partners, with a focus on extracting more value from the partnership over time via exploring new data & use cases and shrewd budget management.
The data services team has an ambitious mission and goals, has deep corporate support, and there is minimal organizational friction to getting its job done. This position has extremely high visibility and potential, and requires business development, entrepreneurial and organizational skills.
In this role the Data Partner Manager will:
- Perform outbound prospecting, research and negotiations with prospective data sources
- Establish and coordinate data evaluations to measure the effectiveness of prospective data sources
- Leverage relationships with existing data partners to form more strategic data sourcing partnerships and access other unique data assets
- Run the day-to-day operations with our existing data partners
- Manage the contract renewals existing data sources with the expectation that you will lead the negotiations, in conjunction with executive support as necessary
- Act as the internal point of contact for issues with data sources (eg questions raised internally that need partner escalation)
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting on a monthly and annual basis
- Work closely with Data Services team stakeholders to clearly define the priorities for your roadmap on the overall needs of the business
Our ideal Data Partner Manager will have:
- 4 year degree in Sales, Marketing, Economics, Business Administration or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in sales, business development or account management at a technology company, preferably on the “buying” side of the relationship
- Experienced negotiator who is comfortable working directly with C-level decision makers
- Proven self-starter who is goal oriented and has a track record of meeting and exceeding their goals
- A strong team oriented mindset with a passion for building a successful team and/or product
- Knowledge of the US or International public data industry is a major plus
- Experience working in a startup / small-company environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Previous success driving results with remote team members, highly desired
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.