Head of Operations - Multiplayer at Unity Technologies
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to help us deliver the next generation of multiplayer creation tools on the engine that powers 50% of all games. Join a rapidly growing team focused on the holistic picture - from networking, to tools, to educational samples and tutorials - we want to empower the breadth of our community.
- Hire, lead, and grow a team of Program Managers, Sample Developers, and Technical Writers
- Define and refine delivery processes to fit each development team; coach teams to run their own processes
- Ensure delivery of product remains unblocked, and strive to achieve predictable delivery
- Hold teams accountable for meeting the needs of users at a quality bar we are proud of
- Manage complex programs including open source projects, educational initiatives, and more
- Experience as a Program Manager Lead or Executive Producer, preferably on technical projects in the games industry
- Well-versed in a variety of project management philosophies and techniques; able to adapt these to meet the needs of each project and train the team to run them independently
- Ability to effectively map and track complex dependencies on technical projects
- Strong capability to drive alignment in cross-functional teams, especially technical teams
- Experience working in the game development industry or related industries
- Multiplayer game development experience is very helpful, with empathy and passion for solving the unique problems game developers face when creating multiplayer titles
- Open source project management experience desired
- Teaching, education, and/or technical writing experience a strong plus
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.