Internal Communications and Engagement Manager
Smartsheet is seeking an Internal Communications and Engagement Manager to help evolve Smartsheet’s internal communications program and support employer brand initiatives. Through your understanding of strategic communications, compelling stories, and employee engagement, you will help employees connect with Smartsheet leadership, with each other, and with the company’s values and purpose.
This person will report to the head of internal communications and engagement at Smartsheet, and play an important role in supporting the company's retention goals. This position is located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Develop and execute internal communications campaigns to educate employees of internal initiatives, programs, and events.
- Help manage the company’s internal communications platform (Workplace by Facebook) to drive employee engagement and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Involvement in sourcing and developing inspirational stories from across our global offices and disseminating them throughout the company to inspire and engage employees.
- Improve upon existing communication channels and practices to ensure seamless access to the information our employees seek out on a daily basis.
- Design and content support for the company’s internal newsletter launching in FY20.
- 3+ years in internal communications or related experience preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills, with superb ability to translate ideas into clear, compelling messaging
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset; ability to drive projects independently
- Experience setting, managing, and analyzing a range of KPIs to measure performance
- Some creative (graphic design/video editing skills) preferred
- Experience managing independent content owners/creators a plus
- Energized by working in a fast-paced, data-driven culture
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.