We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated production leader to continue to mature communication and cross-org collaboration for our Platforms group and beyond. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering leadership, product management, and producers from other parts of the organization, helping to improve transparency, quality, and predictability in the development process while preserving Unity’s unique culture.
You will lead a team of Technical Producers, each embedded with one of the Platforms teams, to mature production practices throughout Platforms and paint a clear picture of strategy, goals, and progress to drive alignment within Platforms as well as our strategic partners and the rest of the organization. As the Platforms teams are broadly distributed through North America, Europe, and beyond, some international travel is to be expected.
As the ideal candidate, you ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for development teams. You are relationship-driven, and comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. You have a light-touch project management style, and a commitment to fostering a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your communication skills are impeccable, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.
- Lead, support, and grow a team of technical producers as the discipline of Production continues to mature within R&D
- Collaborate with select strategic platform partners, aligning on priorities and building and maintaining a healthy relationship
- Use fluency in common software production methodologies and deep empathy for developers to improve teams’ ability to plan and deliver software without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Facilitate collaboration with other teams and producers where more complex projects/initiatives require higher level coordination
- Circulate regular updates to stakeholders across the company, providing a concise high-level view into teams’ plans and progress against goals.
- Collaborate with producers in other parts of the organization to support healthy platform development throughout Unity
- Work closely with R&D support teams such as Release Management, Core Developer Services, etc. to help address problems of scale as Unity R&D continues to grow
- Extensive experience in software production / program management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization
- A degree in business, project management, or a technical management field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience managing and mentoring producers / program managers directly
- Experience working on enterprise-scale software
- Familiarity with game development technologies across multiple platforms
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to track complex requirements with many moving pieces
- Experience guiding teams through a variety of project management styles - and a deep understanding about the strengths and shortcomings of different methodologies
- Ability to manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits
- Ability to travel to remote teams occasionally
- PMO (Program Management Office) experience
- Software engineering
- Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Experience navigating strategic partnerships
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad variety of internal and external stakeholders
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.