Principal Technical Program Manager (Data Platform)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley
Do you see building Platform used company wide as a crucial enabling technology in today's business environment? Do you have strong subject matter expertise in software design architecture and analysis? Do you have a strong background on system design and the data analysis required for defining must have capabilities for a Cloud Platform? Are you execution-oriented with attentive detail to driving platform enhancements and improvements across the technology? If you answered yes to the above, then you might be the right person to be the Platform Technical Program Manager.
Coupang’s Platform is critical to Coupang business strategy. This role will be responsible for full ownership & end-to-end project charter, delivery & execution starting from Product & Service Definition, Functional Design, Engineering execution Lifecycle with a Customer focus and Customer lifecycle management for Coupang’s Cloud Platform. You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit. Within Product & Service Definition the role helps create design options for features being enabled by scenarios. For Product & Service Design this role mediates Scenario-relation features and applies design tradeoffs aligning to business requirements. This can also include defining business & technical requirements, so business acumen blended with strong technical understanding of technologies is a must. In Customer Lifecycle this role collaborates with stakeholders and educates on adoption by explaining scenarios effectively. In Engineering Lifecycle this role defines the design iteration process for the team and organization. In Product & Service Ownership this role has a sense of pride and ownership in end-to-end quality and product stewardship. This role will possess a strong blend of technical, business, and project management experience that enables effective management of tangible solutions.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with members of multiple business & Engineering teams to help define, streamline, design and analysis data to build business requirements and then work with engineering teams to articulate requirements, further perform functional & technical data & system analysis, drive engineering to implementation via all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). In addition, the ideal candidate must possess a high degree of collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate effectively on many levels.
· Strong functional & technical analytical & design capability to understand Common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data.
· Should be able to dive deep to come up with new Platform scenarios that helps solving systems bigger problems by simplifying our services & cloud platform and help increase productivity & efficiency or every Engineer & system in the company.
· Solid Platform, Web services, API technologies experience; Data analysis experience is a plus
· Strong blend of technical, business, and program management experience that enables seamless communication across teams, project execution and great customer reach.
· Own and Manage implementation E2E from Project charter, roadmap, plan, design, build, execute, deliver and monitor performance & adoption.
· Creates, evolves, and communicates specifications for feature areas that enable cohesive, compatible, iterable scenarios that span multiple feature teams and enable a durable multi-year vision.
· Understanding of Data transformation and technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, HBase etc.)
· Should be able to come up with scenarios and business requirements by analyzing data and business needs.
· Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
· Strong cultural change management experience
· Identify, Propose and Implement ongoing data strategy and drive data quality improvements
· Establishes, enables and improves systems to manage product feedback from customers to resolve issues.
· Reviews and contributes to ecosystem design.
Who we are looking for!
· Minimum of 7-10 Years of Engineering Program Management experience in managing feature teams and designing large-scale or complex technical initiatives on shared Platform for Web & Web services, API, Data analytics
· Minimum of 2-4 Years in Platform, Web design, API that are used by internal & external teams, Messaging services etc.
· Flexible, agile and fast learner.
· Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
· Change management experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
· Outstanding verbal and written communication
· Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
· Demonstrated virtual team leadership capabilities
· Knowledge or experience agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum).
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
It is the policy of Coupang Global LLC to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.