Latest data from Business Insider shows that almost 50% of online shoppers visit Amazon first. Our team is responsible for creating a vision for the next generation Amazon shopping experience and delivering it to millions of customers. We believe that shopping on Amazon should be simple, delightful, and full of "wow" moments for everyone, whether you are technically savvy or new to online shopping.
Our team owns the Amazon search experience on all device types WW. In the next three years, we will transform the current shopping experience by using machine learning and artificial intelligence. Through query understanding, personalized recommendations, and whole page optimization, we tailor the shopping experience to each customer’s needs. We will be charting new territories such as deep reinforcement learning. We are seeking a great thought leader who thinks big and can help us define the future of online shopping.
A successful Principal Technical Program Manager should:
* Be highly autonomous with strong business judgments, problem-solving skills.
* Have the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements, and effectively prioritize project deliverables.
* Great verbal and written communication skills and can influence cross organizations.
An ideal candidate for this role has extensive experience in delivering customer-facing features through science and engineering innovations. In this role, you will partner with SDEs, Scientists, Product Managers and UX designers to create game changing customer experiences. If you can communicate clearly and love to lead engineering and applied science teams to build large-scale innovative features, then come join us in making history!
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry (experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, planning milestones, project management and working with technical teams)
· 5+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules and large business impact
· Strong communicator in both verbal and written forms and are equally adept in communicating upwards, outwards, and downward
· Experience with agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, etc)
· Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Experience with object oriented development and design (preferably in both client and server development solutions)
· Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· A passion for data-driven decision-making
· MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· 12+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
· Experience delivering innovative experiences leveraging machine learning
· Superior project management and organizational skills
· Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Experience delivering large-scale systems with world-class availability, scalability, and performance requirements