Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Program Manager for Dynamic Pricing programs you will be responsible for the growth and acceleration of programs that drive one of Convoy’s largest revenue streams. You will incubate and accelerate nascent programs, set cross-functional business strategy, navigate business constraints and tradeoffs, and collaborate across the organization with the ultimate goal of delivering profitable growth for Convoy.
- Set Strategy: You will be a subject matter expert who deeply understands the problem space and will identify and drive action against the key strategy questions for the programs you support.
- Innovate: You will drive the future of Convoy’s digital freight network with industry changing innovations and programs that scale. You will systematically develop new business categories and revenue streams into mature and reliable levers of the business, understanding gaps between existing Convoy processes/products and the future state, and working aggressively to identify, prioritize, and close these gaps.
- Plan & Execute: Own end to end planning, prioritization, execution, and optimization of strategies to drive program growth.
- Cross-functional partnership: You will partner closely across technical and business functions to accelerate growth for the business and will bring visibility and accountability around the goals.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in strategy, analytics, program management, product management or similar fields. Experience scaling businesses/programs/products is preferred.
- The ability to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy and to develop strategy and gain buy-in for future innovation.
- The ability to influence without authority. You drive effective teamwork, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. You have an executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently, and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
- Fluent with data and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational and business improvements. Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business scenario planning. SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- A strong focus on execution and can drive concrete programs from early strategy to maturity.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you will not have unlimited resources, you will need to be scrappy and creative to drive results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Strong judgement and can assess costs, benefits, and risks to programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- High emotional intelligence and humility. You are confident, yet humble and enjoy hearing diverse perspectives on a problem. You bring groups together to agree on the best possible solution.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!