Program Manager, Integrations
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) allows us to communicate with our shippers electronically and reduces manual workload. Establishing EDI integrations with our shippers is crucial to unlocking growth and scale in our operations. As an EDI Project Manager you will work closely with internal Convoy operations and product teams, external customers, and vendors to ensure successful EDI integrations. You will determine priority of projects, define requirements and deliverables, schedule and track integration progress, identify and resolve technical issues, and communicate progress across all stakeholders. Ideal candidates will be adaptable, resilient, and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action.
As a member of the Business Operations & Sales Strategy team you will need to understand priorities across Convoy’s Demand organization and ensure alignment with EDI project pipeline. As strategy and priorities shift, you will need to react quickly and adapt. To be successful you will need to have intimate knowledge of operational details, manage business priorities, and be comfortable applying a systems thinking framework to dissect complex and technical problems. You must also have a strong ability to manage communications, both with external customers and internal teams.
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Interact extensively with business users to evaluate operational requirements and define project milestones, timelines, and resourcing
- Draft EDI transmissions in a test environment with our vendors and end customers
- Translate account operational requirements into EDI logic by providing detailed instructions for our vendors and engineering teams
- Provide reporting as necessary on project status, risks, issues and mitigation plans
- Prioritize integration requests and effectively communicate priority decisions and changes to internal stakeholders
- Ensure the constant flow of communication between the customer, account operations team, engineering, and management so that all stakeholders are apprised of statuses and challenges
- End to end management of EDI integrations including launch coordination and post launch bug tracking, resolution, and escalation
- Develop strong partnerships with engineering, product management, and business leaders to understand priorities and drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience working directly with technical teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high degree of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building processes, project management, and developing release schedules
- Experience at high growth companies and/or startups
- Experience managing workflow with remote teams
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description