Program Manager, Network Efficiency at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:06 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, January 21, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Are you passionate about solving complex problems and having a large scale impact? Convoy is looking for a Senior Program Manager to drive the efficiency of the network through product innovation. The team creates products that allow carriers to work more efficiently while also driving profitability for Convoy. In this role you will identify potential opportunities and run rapid experimentation to make recommendations on areas for investment. This role includes diving deep with data as well as articulating strategy to senior stakeholders. You will partner with cross functional teams to investigate problems, gather data, test hypotheses and implement solutions. The ideal candidate has a data-driven mindset and the ability to deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- Set strategy. You will build an in-depth knowledge of the business in order to identify where best to invest in product development. You will drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Run experiments. You will run quick turn-around, low cost experiments in order to test hypotheses. You will advocate for further investment in areas that prove promising.
- Identify metrics. You will define metrics to measure the results of experimentation and communicate the impact, consequences and recommendations based on results.
- Problem solve. You will identify trends in data and analyze the root causes in order to recommend product changes and/or process improvements.
- Build and maintain cross-functional partnerships. You will be the main point person for various technical and business teams for all matters related to the efficiency of the network.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of professional experience at a tech company, consulting firm, or Fortune 500 company in strategy, program, product, analytics or similar fields.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Interest in and ability to work in an ambiguous environment that requires defining problems as well as identifying and implementing solutions.
- Strong analytical skills: advanced knowledge of SQL and Excel with ability to pull data as well as identify trends and make recommendations based on data.
- Ability to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy including scoping problems, tracking progress, making recommendations and communicating results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!