Program Manager, Onboarding at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The People team is driven to make Convoy the place where every employee can learn, grow their career and do their best work. Come join our Learning & Development (L&D) function and help us grow our managers and leaders! We are a tight-knit L&D team supporting the company on key initiatives tied to Onboarding, Manager Development, Talent Management, Customer Immersion, and more! We love to collaborate with one another and support each other in our work.
If you enjoy managing complex programs, working in a fast-paced environment, fostering stakeholder relationships, and facilitating highly-interactive training this is the role for you. You will set the stage for every new hires’ first exposure to Convoy and our culture. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, comfortable coordinating across teams, and enjoys interacting with new hires. Onboarding is our first impression with new employees and we want it to be one that confirms their decision to Convoy from the moment they sign their offer.
- Program manage the onboarding experience from Day 1 through their First 90 days, including facilitation of new-hire training, manager onboarding support, cohort building, and new-hire resources tied to culture, the freight industry, and values
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the company (Ops, P&E, Sales, Recruiting, HR etc.) to ensure a streamlined, welcoming, and simple ‘offer to day 1’ experience for our new hires.
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to ensure managers are prepared to onboard new hires and have everything they need for a smooth transition, confirming their decision to join Convoy from Day 1
- Determine the ideal approach for virtual vs in-person onboarding - balancing business needs with employee experience
- Manage the Workday and LMS onboarding experience for new hires
- Facilitate and update new-hire content as the business evolves
- Partner with Instructional Design to create additional cohort-based trainings and self-paced resources so every new hire has a clear understanding of Convoy, our culture, and their role
- Develop the strategy for executive-level onboarding
- Develop a convoy-wide Mentoring program and strategy with technology to enable scale with future growth
- Manage 90 day reviews through Workday for all new employees in partnership with their manager
- Partner with the rest of the L&D team to support them in facilitation and design as needed
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of programs through quantitative and qualitative feedback
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of program management skills
- 5+ years of facilitation experience
- Experience coordinating and facilitating onboarding at a small to medium sized company
- A passion for new hires and someone to welcome them into our culture with open arms
- E-learning development experience
- Experience working at a mid-sized company to grow their learning & development function
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Docebo
- Experience in survey design and a focus on metrics and measurement
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!