DefinedCrowd Corporation is a company based in Seattle, WA, USA, with R&D centers in Lisbon and Porto, Portugal, and Tokyo, Japan. We offer efficient data workflows that enable data scientists to collect, synthesize, enrich and structure training data. We do this by combining human-in-the-loop, automatic tools, and machine learning capabilities to accelerate enterprise machine learning and Artificial Intelligence initiatives training and modeling. Our value proposition is 95-98% quality, speed (5-10x faster than competition), and scale (70 languages and dialects covered). With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, the company has been serving top AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one.
How can you help?
The project manager combines execution skills with strategic expertise to lead cross-functional teams through the entire project lifecycle. We expect you to continuously evolve both personally and professionally through trainings, self-development and, most importantly, by successfully delivering complex projects. As a Project Manager (PM) you will play a pivotal role partnering with internal DefinedCrowd teams to deliver on a wide array of precise audio, text, and image data to meet our client’s training needs. You will leverage your capabilities and relationships working across multiple internal teams to ensure our projects are completed on time. Our customers are demanding in terms of quality and timing given their need for high-quality data to train and power their AI systems.
- Take ownership for the management of our standard and customized projects, ensuring they are delivered within scope, timelines, quality, and budget as agreed with our customers;
- Plan, execute and coordinate autonomously the structure, governance and activities of the project and manage multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strategize with internal teams to deliver on customer requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective way;
- Track and communicate project timelines and updates to ensure relevant stakeholders are aligned throughout project delivery;
- Monitor and report project status, identifying and communicating effectively risks, problems and critical success factors;
- Develop and leverage understanding of solution costs to inform recommendations related to execution and pricing;
- Develop knowledge on DefinedCrowd’s service offerings in order to see the challenges and feasibilities of each project you will oversee;
- Facilitate a collaborative environment aligned with company objectives;
- Other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
- Amazing career development opportunities in a high growth international company;
- Excellent compensation and benefits package;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and a healthy working environment;
- International and diverse teams (25+ nationalities across 3 countries).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years' experience honing your Project Management skills in a similar and dynamic role;
- Solid track record on successful project management and delivery;
- Experience with Project Management tools such as TaskRay, MS Project, Jira, Trello, etc.;
- Knowledge of industry standards such as Agile, PMBOK, ITIL, Prince2, etc;
- Clear communication and organizational skills that define your decision-making across teams. A firm ability to make decisions with conviction under pressure while understanding the need for flexibility and risk-management;
- Great presentation skills using data and data analytics skills to build your reports;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English;
- Demonstrated passion for data driven decision-making;
- Leadership and team management skills;
- Positive and problem-solving attitude;
- Client and result oriented mindset;
- Project management certification (PMI, Prince2, Agile/Scrum) is a plus;
- Not required but good to have: Practical knowledge of AI, ML, speech/text, natural language processing (NLP), linguistics or image processing;
- General understanding of machine-learning, data collection and data labeling processes is a plus.