Who are we?
At DefinedData, a DefinedCrowd business unit, we are tackling a wide array of fascinating challenges – like building the data marketplace that scales data operations and helps organizations to bring their data-driven solutions to market faster. We are looking for a world-class Technical Product Manager to join DefinedData. You will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the entire organization to ensure that our B2B platform delights our users.
Across all business units we have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around data science, multivariate testing and personalization. We’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, feedback and continuous growth.
What will you do?
The project manager combines execution skills with strategic expertise to lead cross-functional teams through the entire project lifecycle. We expect you to continuously evolve both personally and professionally through trainings, self-development and, most importantly, by successfully delivering complex projects. As a Project Manager (PM) you will play a pivotal role partnering with internal DefinedCrowd teams to deliver on a wide array of precise audio, text, and image data to meet our client’s training needs. You will leverage your capabilities and relationships working across multiple internal teams to ensure our projects are completed on time. Our customers are demanding in terms of quality and timing given their need for high-quality data to train and power their AI systems.
- Take ownership for the management of our standard and customized projects, ensuring they are delivered within scope, timelines, quality, and budget as agreed with our customers;
- Plan, execute and coordinate autonomously the structure, governance and activities of the project and manage multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strategize with internal teams to deliver on customer requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective way;
- Track and communicate project timelines and updates to ensure relevant stakeholders are aligned throughout project delivery;
- Monitor and report project status, identifying and communicating effectively risks, problems and critical success factors;
- Develop and leverage understanding of solution costs to inform recommendations related to execution and pricing;
- Develop knowledge on DefinedCrowd’s service offerings in order to see the challenges and feasibilities of each project you will oversee;
- Facilitate a collaborative environment aligned with company objectives;
- Other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have the drive to work in an innovative and ambitious environment?
We’re looking for someone with a determined and proactive mindset, someone inspired and passionate to help us achieve our goals. Our successful candidate is a strong critical thinker, reliable and transparent, with an ability to learn and communicate. We’re looking for someone special to contribute to our unique culture.
Our Project Manager would have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years' experience honing your Project Management skills in a similar and dynamic role;
- Solid track record on successful project management and delivery;
- Experience with Project Management tools such as TaskRay, MS Project, Jira, Trello, etc.;
- Knowledge of industry standards such as Agile, PMBOK, ITIL, Prince2, etc;
- Clear communication and organizational skills that define your decision-making across teams. A firm ability to make decisions with conviction under pressure while understanding the need for flexibility and risk-management;
- Great presentation skills using data and data analytics skills to build your reports;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English;
- Demonstrated passion for data driven decision-making;
- Leadership and team management skills;
- Positive and problem-solving attitude;
- Client and result oriented mindset;
- Project management certification (PMI, Prince2, Agile/Scrum) is a plus;
- Not required but good to have: Practical knowledge of AI, ML, speech/text, natural language processing (NLP), linguistics or image processing;
- General understanding of machine-learning, data collection and data labeling processes is a pl
You spend a lot of your time at work, so it should be challenging, fun and interesting. At DefinedData, it will be all of those things and more. Here’s what we offer:
- A unique culture, healthy working environment, and a flexible working schedule
- Excellent career development opportunities in a high growth company
- Access to an excellent compensation and benefits package
- An international and diverse team, representing +30 nationalities at our 4 locations
- Global mobility and relocation support with the help of our specialized team
- Continuous training opportunities leveraging hand-on workshops and formal development opportunities
DefinedCrowd offers a platform with multiple data delivery options that leverages machine learning technology and human intelligence to deliver quality-guaranteed training data for AI systems. The platform offers self-service and fully customizable solutions that deliver high-quality project-specific training data, enabling AI products reach market quicker. It is this business model that has allowed DefinedCrowd to raise a total of $63.6M in funding over 4 rounds. Our value proposition is quality, privacy, speed and scale, covering more than 50 different languages. With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, we have been serving AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one. DefinedCrowd was founded in Seattle and has offices in Lisbon, Porto and Tokyo