Avalara Voluntary Compliance Services is seeking an experienced Project Manager familiar with sales and use tax compliance solutions to join our growing Voluntary Compliance Services team as a Project Manager in one of our corporate offices. The Project Manager (YOU!) takes the lead in ensuring project success from the point the project starts through to completion. The Project Manager proactively and professionally manages the client relationship and helps guide the client through their sales and use tax compliance projects with the Voluntary Compliance Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in the management of complex projects and delivery of effective sales and use tax compliance projects.
- Responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring that clients’ expectations are in-line with project service scope.
- Develop and deliver to customers a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Actively Monitor client projects and solve problems to keep projects moving forward. Report and escalate issues as needed.
- Leverage strong analytical expertise to fulfill jurisdictional requirements.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client, Voluntary Compliance Services team, internal and external Avalara partners, and all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Work strategically and independently with internal and external groups on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Assist internal team members with developing and enhancing process procedures.
- Support the sales and account management teams in selling additional tax and professional services.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize accounting and tax processes and procedures.
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Strong ability to articulate process logic and technical concepts including building and delivery of technical presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
Preferred Qualification (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Proven dedication and loyalty to Avalara.
- PMP certification.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.