Senior Program Manager, Convoy Connect Growth at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:03 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, December 17, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including Generation IM (co-founded by Al Gore), CapitalG (Google’s growth equity investment fund), Greylock, YCombinator, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We’ve been named one of Washington State’s top places to work as well as a LinkedIn Top Startup, and we were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan award.
What you'll be doing:
Our $800 billion industry in the US starts with over 100,000 shippers of every size with processes and practices that have been unchanged for decades.
Convoy is establishing a new playbook for freight. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. Innovations like Automated Reloads,Convoy Go, and 100% automated brokering are challenging convention and transforming how shippers run freight.
Are you passionate about solving problems, having a broad charter, and making a strategic impact? Convoy is looking for a Senior Program Manager to lead growth initiatives for Convoy Connect. Convoy Connect is a free transportation management system (TMS) for shippers of all sizes. It levels-up shippers out of spreadsheets and emails and into a state-of-the art freight command center. You will partner closely with product management, engineering, data science, sales, marketing, and most importantly, our customers to make growth happen. The role will require a data-driven mindset and a willingness to be hands on to identify problems and create solutions. Strong communication, ability to think big, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to incubate and scale new solutions are a must.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Planning & Execution - Own end to end planning, execution and optimization of strategies to drive program growth
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments.
- Cross-functional partnerships: You will “drive the bus” across technical and business functions to accelerate innovative ideas to market for Convoy and our customers.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 7+ years of professional experience at a tech company, consulting firm, or Fortune 500 company in strategy, program, product, analytics or similar fields.
- Experience with B2B customer success programs for a software product and proven partner to sales and marketing functions.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
- Able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy
- Strong analytical skills -- You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them. Strong SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.