Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the Team: Convoy’s industry-leading Quality & Compliance team invests in safety and quality of the carrier network. We view fraud and security as a lever to decrease Convoy’s risk and provide incredible customer service to our shippers. The team is looked to for identifying and solving new vulnerabilities as the company grows. We work closely with teams across the organization and pride ourselves in deeply understanding Convoy’s fast-moving business.
About You: You are a strong programmatic leader who thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment. You are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. You excel when able to own your domain end-to-end, collaborating with teams across the company to define experience, build a strategy to deliver it, and achieve your goals. If you want to think big about the future of Convoy’s fraud and security practices, are passionate about customer experience, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is a role for you.
- Proactively identify, investigate, analyze, and mitigate fraud and cargo theft across multiple Convoy programs
- Drive cargo security initiatives to ensure customer freight is safe from pick to drop
- Dive deep into data helping Convoy proactively understand vulnerabilities as new programs scale and grow
- Responsible for building both tactical and strategic solutions to mitigate any fraud or cargo theft concerns
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to identify issues and develop effective solutions across different areas of Convoy’s business
- Drive scalable, automated solutions in partnership with product and engineering teams
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of management experience in identifying and preventing fraudulent and criminal activity.
- Performed investigations, intelligence gathering, or similar research and testing to uncover threats and vulnerabilities
- Experience driving scalable technical solutions that require partnership with product managers and engineers.
- Experience setting data driven requirements and developing operational processes
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills with the ability to empathize, collaborate, and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, carriers, third-party vendors, and teams across all of Convoy
- Can work well with ambiguity and think big, while utilizing data to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical skills and experience using relevant tools (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
- Experience conducting risk assessments using qualitative and quantitative information, and implementing proactive fraud and theft prevention measures, with quantifiable successful outcomes.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem space
- Ability to self motivate, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a collaborative, start-up environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to see around the corner and find solutions for the present while building for Convoy’s future.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!