Outreach is seeking an experienced TPM to help guide the technical direction and manage the projects for the emerging security features in Outreach.io. This individual will oversee projects centered on application security, detection and response, production network security, and domestic/international compliance frameworks.
The ideal candidate has prior experience as a technical contributor in the security space, managing complex projects across organizational groups. You will work directly with leadership to develop a vision for Outreach's long-term information security architecture and coordinate evolving the program in that direction. This position will require knowledge of security controls and detection techniques employed in corporate networks, AWS infrastructure, and complex applications. Given the wide reach of information security in a technology company this role will involve investigating needs, developing requirements, advocating for and driving projects across groups of all levels of technical experience and specialities.
This is a new team working in a new space so the ideal candidate will be comfortable with complex work, ambiguity, switching between the big picture and detailed tasks, is willing to adapt to a changing landscape, and most of all is someone who enjoys a challenge!
- Develop the long-term vision for Outreach's product and platform security program, detection and response capabilities, cloud security controls, and production network security capabilities in collaboration with technical leadership
- Engage with internal stakeholders to form relationships, understand their needs and gather requirements that balance information security initiatives with business needs
- Lead execution of a wide range of projects touching every aspect of the company, driving projects to completion.
- Conduct data analysis for investigation and quantification of security posture and impact, developing metrics to evaluate progress, capabilities, and goals
- Understand needs from compliance obligations and translate those into actionable security tasks
- Work with engineering teams to threat model services and infrastructure, helping to identify security needs and gaps.
- 3+ years of project or program management experience
- 3+ years working in an engineering/software development capacity
- 2+ years in the security industry or working on security related projects
- Strong business acumen including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to comprehend Outreach's business needs and information security goals
- Experience determining effective KPIs and measuring program success
The Ideal Candidate Would Also Have
- 4+ years in the security industry or working on security-related projects
- A strong understanding of application security, particularly with regard to web security and modern authentication and authorization such as SAML and OAuth.
- Experience with large scale cloud-based application deployments including data obfuscation and encryption at scale
- Experience with AWS, MySQL, and Go, and data and security analytics tools like Snowflake, Tableau, and SumoLogic.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status