Senior Technical Program Manager at OpenMarket
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer-obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. This obsession with customer experience helps us develop software, technology, and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative, and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity, and dynamic global team. We value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? As part of our PMO team, our Senior Technical Program Manager will be leading cross-functional, highly visible engineering and operations programs, in an agile environment throughout the software development lifecycle. You are a superstar in gathering and analyzing functional requirements, planning and leading highly complex projects, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and manage successful delivery of high impact and highly cross-functional programs while coordinating with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to drive execution.
- Create and manage program/ project plans for complex cross-team initiatives and work with multiple teams across the organization to drive results on time and quality.
- Communicate and manage program expectations to technical leads, team members, business owners, and other stakeholders in a clear and effective way.
- Manage risks and build mitigation plans, track decisions and empower decision makers.
- Identify interdependencies, identify and resolve issues and conflicts between project teams.
- Report on program/project status to senior management.
What to Bring
- 7+ years of program management in a technical engineering environment.
- 3+ experience leading complex multi-team program initiatives in IT/Software environment.
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, product, operations and business teams.
- Demonstrable hands-on knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience with managing projects through the full software delivery lifecycle.
- Interpersonal communication skills and experience working effectively with all organizational levels.
- Experience reporting on complex projects and presenting to executive management.
- Experience managing projects and delivery using agile methodologies.
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud transformation projects
- Experience with high capacity / high throughput / high availability software platforms
- Experience in working with DevOps and continuous delivery principles
- Experience working in a software product environment
- Knowledge of mobile messaging
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- PMP preferred
You'll Be a Great Fit If
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.