Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Come join the People team to take on Onboarding & Culture initiatives for all future Convoy employees! Onboarding should not be a one and done experience. If you enjoy building end-to-end experiences, fostering stakeholder relationships, and designing highly-interactive training this is the role for you. The ideal candidate will have experience building multimodal learning solutions and an aptitude for understanding their customer -- the newest hires at our company -- in order to craft a vision for a best-in-class onboarding experience.
- Design and develop a holistic onboarding strategy for Convoy across 30/60/90 days and collaborate with key org-specific stakeholders in this planning process
- Dive into various parts of the Convoy business orgs to understand how they fit together and help paint that picture for our new hires
- Develop in-person, virtual, manager-facing and self-paced resources so every new hire has a clear understanding of Convoy, our culture, and their role
- Craft an onboarding strategy that accounts for remote and in-person hires
- Work with stakeholders across the company to vet content plans and ensure the most relevant content is presented and updated
- Update new-hire content as the business evolves
- Create cultural collateral such as videos, guides, and training materials about our values, benefits, workplace, and future vision for all employees
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to ensure managers are prepared to support new hires and ensure they have everything they need for a smooth transition
- Develop the strategy for executive-level onboarding
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has:
- 5+ years of experience designing in-person and virtual training experience from the ground up
- 5+ years of e-learning design experience
- 5+ years of design-thinking/customer-focused design
- Experience in multi-faceted programming: E-learning, ILT, video, and case study development
- A passion for new hires to help welcome them into our culture with open arms
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working at a mid-sized company to grow their learning & development function
- Experience with Workday + Workday Learning
- Experience in survey design and a focus on metrics and measurement
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!