Sr. Technical Program Manager at Amazon
Amazon Appstore - Amazon Digital Goods team is looking for a principal technical program manager to drive large, cross-functional initiatives across Appstore teams. We provide services for digital commerce teams across Amazon.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering a large end to end project. You will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, will demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
* Work with key stakeholders in executive teams, product management, and marketing teams to define strategy and requirements
* Create, align, manage, and deliver large programs and portolio of projects
* Work with remote and multi-site teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
* Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
* Build and design large scale system with high availability.
* Stand with & defend your convictions as well as accept others’ point of views when needed
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management building out highly-scalable services
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (EE, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering)
· Experience with software development (Device, Application, Cloud)
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History ! Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
* Master’s or advanced technical degree
* Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
* Knowledge of software development process and lifecycle
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills engaging technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Experience in delivering large, multi-stage programs across many tech and non-tech teams
* Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams, and demonstrate success in shipping of software products on time.
* Prior experience as a software developer is a plus