Technical Program Manager, Connector Engineering at Avalara
We're seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead high-impact, cross-functional projects. You must be able to thrive within a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You are action-oriented, flexible, resourceful and resilient, can dig in, and get the job done. You will create and drive efficiency efforts to optimize KTLO efforts with teams across the business.
Once a project is initiated, you will collaborate with teams to monitor progress, manage escalations and make appropriate trade-offs that balance the business needs against any technical and resource constraints.
- Release Management
- Review Roadmap to schedule appropriate internal Certification, Demos, UAT, Documentation Updates as needed as part of the launch process, based on launch scope
- Follow through to ensure completion, access to resulting material for dependent teams, and resulting bugs and enhancements are managed appropriately
- KTLO (Issue) Management
- Review incoming issues to ensure we apply appropriate priority and impacts to the roadmap on day 1
- Apply KPI metrics data points to build agile adjustment to process and ensure optimal efficiency within engineering and dependent customer-facing teams
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.
- Manage technical trade-offs to balance short term business needs with long term viability. Develop appropriate controls where necessary
- Ensure that communications and documentation for the client and team needs are complete, current, accurate, and easy to find
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management.
- Work with business and engineering teams to identify scope, constraints, dependencies, and risks.
- Identify risks and opportunities across the business and drive solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce objects, editing and creating (Connector, Version, KB)
- In-depth knowledge of Confluence, page creations, maintenance, and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of JIRA, ticket maintenance, data reporting/ticket management options, and project management
- Ability to review features included in a product release and compare to certification parameters for the purpose of scheduling certification and demo meetings
- Ability to engage the broad internal audience via written communication, to drive participation
- Proven ability to combine business acumen, technical acumen, and process expertise to define client (internal/external) engagement and program execution
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to use SalesForce Developer import/export tools
- Ability to use Jira Project automation Project Rules
- Ability to use PowerBI for data analysis (for purpose of monitoring releases in Confluence, JIRA, and Salesforce)
- 2+ years as a TPM or Operations Leadership role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.