Technical Program Manager - Security at OpenMarket
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer-obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. This obsession with customer experience helps us develop software, technology, and processes that competitors worldwide desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative, and resourceful people from various backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity, and dynamic global team. We value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
You love managing a program that delights customers. You have a passion for information security. You thrive in working collaboratively, operating internationally, and making a direct impact on the business. Want to put all of that to use in a fun and exciting environment? As a key member of our security team, your mission will be to keep our most critical assets secure and help ensure our customers maintain their trust in OpenMarket. You will be making a difference every day!
What You'll Be Doing
- There are two types of Program Managers in this world: a scorekeeper and a quarterback; we are looking for a quarterback - a driver.
- Making a big impact as a key player in the information security team as the subject matter expert for business continuity and disaster recovery. You will be coordinating BCP (Business Continuity Planning) and DRP (Diaster Recovery Planning) activities across the company.
- Working to enhance and maintain our crisis management and security incident response processes, documentation, and tooling.
- Sharpening our response capabilities by creating and facilitating exercises to prepare for potential real events.
- Providing program management leadership for other information security and privacy initiatives:
- Analyzing and documenting business requirements.
- Developing project plans and schedules to meet business objectives. Acting as liaison with various groups and departments.
- Working with individuals and group managers to estimate duration for activities and establishing common targets.
- Acting as the focal point of contact for project requirements, status, and issue resolution.
- Continuously working with project teams to evaluate risks and assess potential impacts on project delivery.
- Coordinating the team's Product Roadmap.
- Working with external customers and partners on integration projects.
- Working with other groups as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for security-related concerns or input.
What to Bring
- 5+ years of Program or Technical Project Management in a technical engineering environment.
- 8+ years of experience in information security, disaster recovery, business continuity, or crisis management.
- Strong problem-solving skills--creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Tailors communications to the appropriate audience: wonderfully succinct.
- A collaborative working style--work well in a team environment.
- An aptitude for learning and the capability of working in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have
- Cloud computing and SaaS, PaaS, IaaS experience.
- Knowledge of mobile messaging or high availability.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or equivalent experience.
You'll Be a Great Fit If
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.