Technical Program Manager
Is automation more than just a buzzword? Are you comfortable explaining technology to others? Are you passionate about software development at work and at home? If your answer is “yes”, we would like to talk to you!
Why you should join Dev9:
- Keep your skills fresh by working with some of the newest technologies and tools out there
- We are growing! Lots of opportunities for advancement
- Join a small, highly collaborative team
What makes Dev9 unique:
- We don't just build software; we approach development as a well-honed craft.
- We are experts who believe in being innovative while having fun and working continuously to refine our skills.
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do, from the technology we choose to the people who make up our team. With excellence as a guiding principle, we deliver quality results that ensure client satisfaction.
- We approach work with integrity. We do what we say we'll do, and we operate with transparency and honesty.
- We work cohesively and see each person at Dev9 as a critical contributor. We prize teamwork and support each other in providing the best results for our clients. No one on our team is superior to another - we help each other out, in the spirit of personal growth.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Use agile best practices to identify areas of opportunity within each team(s) and influence positive change through education.
- Guide team(s) through sprint planning meetings by using the project mission, scope, and delivery schedule.
- Ensure team is operating at standards that provide predictability (story quality, task assignments, status management, burn down accuracy, etc.)
- Monitor and measure velocity and quality of delivery while Identifying and escalating risks
- Drive agile ceremonies and practices for both our team(s) and the client resources in case a SCRUM master is not effective
- Participate in managing Nortal consultants during time of distress or ambiguity.
- Monitor team(s) health and ensure work load is distributed.
- Responsible for project budget and guide team in making decisions around burn rates.
- Ability to interface with other Nortal geographies and manage communication across different time zones
- Use software product development knowledge to influence roadmaps and successfully engage at a programmatic level
- Ability to recognize risks posed by product development onto our Nortal team and successfully negotiate alternatives
- Produce status reports that are client-facing including project health, consultant and team health, and overall progress against roadmap
- Produce quarterly business review materials and be able to report specific data points of projects (budget, efficiency, velocity, etc.)
- Participate and sometimes drive steering meetings with client executives using clear and polished communication/presentation skills
- Manage client expectations and be able to have difficult conversations with diplomacy
- 5+ years of Consulting experience in software development – preferably with other consulting firms (not staffing or agencies)
- 5+ years Project Management experience – preferably both agile and waterfall
- Has managed software delivery in teams of 5 or more
- Has project managed more than one project/one client simultaneously
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or similar)
The position is full-time with excellent benefits.
Check us out http://www.dev9.com
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.(local to the Seattle area), no telecommute, no relocation