Technical Project Manager at Yapta
Knowledge, and skills required:
- Evaluate complex situations using diverse sources of information
- Drive progress and motivate the team through organization, communication and recognition.
- Create and manage methods of management, communication plans, and processes.
- Maintain correct project time frames, estimates, status reports collaborating with the Product Program Manager
- Management of complex projects and development/optimization of data pillar processes
- Ability to identify, clarify, and communicate the projects and/or objective(s) of projects and show how they fall in place with, enhance, or inhibit data pillar objective(s)or roadmap adjustments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to form a flexible approach to find the best-fit solution on a case-by-case basis
- Collaborative working style
- Passion, drive and the ability to learn quickly and independently
- Be self-driven, and demonstrate ability to prioritize & deliver
- At least 3 years of experience in managing projects
- Experience working with technical teams and the ability to understand, translate, and break down technical requirements
- Experience working with BI / Data systems
- SQL concepts and ability to become familiar with the BI product functionality
- Experience with formal business processes
- Experience working with cross functional groups
- Experience managing complex projects
- Understanding of agile methodology
Preferred, Not Required:
- Data management, analysis design & data development experience
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake, Azure
- Understanding of the travel industry a plus
What we offer:
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Yapta is unable to provide visa sponsorship for employment eligibility at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.