Yapta's mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. To that end, Yapta is the market leading provider of airfare and hotel rate price assurance, analytics, and cost savings solutions. Yapta dynamically monitors billions of airfare and hotel prices every month to find cost savings opportunities for business and consumer travelers. With over 7,500 customers globally, including 35 of the Fortune 100, and more than $150 million in recognized saving for customers, Yapta is transforming how corporate travel managers reduce travel costs.
Yapta is fast growing business that was named to the Deloitte Fast500 for North America in 2017 and 2018 and Seattle Business Magazine’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
Yapta’s data team is hiring an experienced, creative, and impactful Technical Project Manager to usher our next generation data products & features into the future. Yapta products have a very special set of skills and generate an immense and unique data set that will disrupt the industry. We are looking for an equally unique team member that is fearless in the face of challenge and brings strength of character, mind and experience to a positively charged, high functioning team.
The Technical Project Manager is the steward of activity for Yapta’s data pillar and the connective tissue between the planning and development processes. You will work with product managers to translate and provide requirements to engineering, and perform all aspects of agile development processes, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retros, and triage of product development features & bugs. You will be responsible for ensuring that project requirements and expectations are realistic, that all relevant parties are aligned on project goals, and act as the driving force to ensure all parties achieve their goals. You will provide updates and articulate risks through the status loop and comm channels and lead weekly/monthly data product project tasks. You have data knowledge and experience in a project management related area and have strong familiarity with data and BI technology. You will be responsible for requirements tracking, defining project scope, and all activities related to timeline, risk, and stakeholder management.
Knowledge, and skills required:
- Evaluate complex situations using diverse sources of information
- Drive progress and motivate the team through organization, communication and recognition.
- Create and manage methods of management, communication plans, and processes.
- Maintain correct project time frames, estimates, status reports collaborating with the Product Program Manager
- Management of complex projects and development/optimization of data pillar processes
- Ability to identify, clarify, and communicate the projects and/or objective(s) of projects and show how they fall in place with, enhance, or inhibit data pillar objective(s)or roadmap adjustments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to form a flexible approach to find the best-fit solution on a case-by-case basis
- Collaborative working style
- Passion, drive and the ability to learn quickly and independently
- Be self-driven, and demonstrate ability to prioritize & deliver
- At least 3 years of experience in managing projects
- Experience working with technical teams and the ability to understand, translate, and break down technical requirements
- Experience working with BI / Data systems
- SQL concepts and ability to become familiar with the BI product functionality
- Experience with formal business processes
- Experience working with cross functional groups
- Experience managing complex projects
- Understanding of agile methodology
Preferred, Not Required:
- Data management, analysis design & data development experience
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake, Azure
- Understanding of the travel industry a plus
What we offer:
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Yapta is unable to provide visa sponsorship for employment eligibility at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.