Account Development Manager - New Business, Direct Data at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
"Customers are King!" Each and every day the Customer Success Team works to ensure that our clients are maximizing the value they are receiving from PitchBook. Onboarding, training, support, business development and renewals are handled by the Customer Success team. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful and the Customer Success team drives that success every day.
PitchBook's Account Executive for Direct Data provides support to our team and prospective client related to our API and data feed solutions. Direct Data AEs are tasked with learning about the challenges and needs of our prospective clients. Then, AEs work in collaboration with our Direct Data Sales Engineers to customize data feed and API solutions that will effectively address client challenges. This role is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the business performance of PitchBook's Direct Data team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Consult with PitchBook clients and prospects to determine suitability of our customer-facing data feed and API solutions in their processes
- Partner with PitchBook's Sales and Customer Success teams to sell data feed and API solutions to clients and prospects
- Manage a queue of client or prospect projects and sales opportunities
- Accurately forecast opportunity pipeline on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Drive innovation throughout the department by finding new and creative ways to serve our customers, sell our products and build our team
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- 2-4 years previous experience in business development
- A proven track record of lead generation, pipeline management, and successful sales performance
- Experience working with customer-facing data feed and API solutions and implementation, particularly with RESTful APIs
- Willingness to learn database concepts, including but not limited to relational tables, data types and normalization
- Ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences including methods for fuzzy matching, name matching, record reconciliation
- Both social and technical with the ability to foster relationships with senior level executives
- Has a strong desire and the ability to learn more about the PE, VC and M&A marketplace and understand why and how each of our diverse client types engages with our product and data
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
- Proficiency working with Salesforce and other CRM tools