Account Executive, Brand Partnerships
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the world’s largest cannabis information resource. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for driven, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Brands Partnerships Account Executive to work on our Brand Partnerships team located in Seattle, WA.
What We Look For In Our Account Executives
You are a successful, passionate sales professional with a proven track record of managing a healthy funnel of opportunities and overachieving your quotas. Though you are a master of the entire sales cycle, from cold call prospecting to exceptional follow-up and account management, you particularly excel at needs analysis and overcoming objections--even when it comes to raw data, you are able to find the narrative between the numbers and sell the story. As a sales person, you are driven by challenge and enjoy collaborating with colleagues to reach team goals. You tend to be more organized than others and have experience using Salesforce or other comparable CRM software. You are motivated by friendly competition and tend to rise to the top sales organizations as an enthusiastic self-starter that champions time management and creative problem solving. And to boot, your clients LOVE you.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
We want a positive, driven and collaborative salesperson to join our team. The Brand Partnerships team is a tight-knit, supportive group that focuses on the “we” and how we can all succeed in delighting our prospects and clients. The perfect candidate has experience in educating B2B prospects on the real value that their investment can provide. Our Brands Account Executive takes pride in providing a delightful experience from the first conversation until the introduction of our new brand partner to one of our amazing Brand Account Managers. A successful Brand Account Executive will understand that the investment their clients are making are crucial to their marketing strategies.
This position requires someone who is energetic and highly motivated, with strong lead generation abilities to become a part of a fun and dynamic inside sales team in an industry that is leading sales in the rapidly growing and newly developing cannabis marketplace. Here are some of your day to day responsibilities:
- Drive new business revenue and market share to meet or exceed monthly revenue targets
- Identify target prospects and generate interest through email, social media, cold calling, etc.
- Qualify prospects via the phone, email or webinar meetings
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to visit or call on prospective customers and potential business development opportunities
- Work closely with your Regional Manager to develop and execute against a territory plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust sales pipeline
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new services, marketing strategies and merchandising techniques
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events as needed
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required
- Possible travel within your territory is required.
- You are passionate about sales and have the drive to exceed revenue targets
- You value our mission and company culture
- You have 2-5 years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new customers preferably in online media, and/or advertising sales, or saas as SDR, MDR, BDR, or AE.
- You use a consultative, solution based sales methodology and have documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas
- You love to prospect and are a skilled negotiator and closer
- You displays passion for & responsiility to the customer
- You exhibit excellent judgment and possesses relentlessly high standards
- You are a whiz with Salesforce.com CRM or other CRM systems
- A solid understanding of web based advertising, Social Media Networks, PPC, CPM, etc. and industry knowledge is a wonderful bonus.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description