Account Executive, Commercial SMS
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
This individual will interface heavily with clients as well as different teams within Zipwhip in order to grow the business and develop revenue streams into new channels and client segments. This position is currently an individual contributor role reporting directly to our Director of Sales, Commercial SMS.
What's the job really?
- Selling the firm’s API, Developer Tools, and Gateway products to communication and technology clients. This position is responsible for generating revenue primarily from new business and its organic growth.
- Maintain up-to-date, detailed customer knowledge and industry data. Read and research relevant trade and industry materials, publications, public filings, news, etc. Serve as an active member of groups and associations related to the industry and relevant customers. Must maintain current knowledge of trends and competitive activity impacting existing and potential customers.
- Responsible for regular and detailed updating of sales activities and initiatives by category, customer and status in CRM (Salesforce).
- Utilize CRM reporting to gain an understanding of which prospects are in various stages of the selling process and how to best allocate time and corporate resources.
- Use appropriate selling strategies and techniques to engage clients at all stages of the pipeline.
What you bring to the table:
- Track record that includes 3+ years exceeding quota in a complex communication technology sales role. Proven success selling SaaS and cloud solutions in the industry.
- Experience selling commercial SMS platforms is a plus.
- You’re someone who aligns to and would embody our corporate values of Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust.
- Positive attitude. Flexibility, team player and passion for the business.
- A successful track record in creating compelling proposals, negotiating terms and managing the contracting process. Detail oriented.
- Openness to increasing responsibility and new challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of CRM reporting tools and dashboards. A strong focus on numbers with a tight process.
- Demonstrated experience building a collaborative environment between sales, marketing, product and finance.
- A strategic thinker who can contribute to a sales strategy while also being tactical and hands-on in the rollout of the operational initiative.
- A self-starter who can see an opportunity and run with it.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.