Account Executive, Mid-Market
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Our Account Executives work with diverse organizations and personality types. We sell a visionary product to both functional and innovative buyers, and are disrupting the compensation status quo.
- You will become an expert in your territory; with strong knowledge of labor markets, customer base, target companies and competitive landscape.
- Strategic account targeting, customizing message to demonstrate unique value to prospects.
- Logging activity to create an effective follow up plan for longer sales cycle and long term relationship with prospects.
- Discovery: Work with prospects to understand business drivers and current pay approach.
- Validation: conduct multiple calls/demos to confirm value, determine product fit, and revisit and affirm success criteria and timing.
- Proposal: propose final solutions and cost to multiple users and decision makers, reaffirm buying process and preferred solution.
- Negotiate: navigate internal competitive threats, review legal terms and conditions and reinforce PayScale core differentiators with management.
- Curious: you have a deep hunger to learn and a willingness to experiment. You find complex problems fascinating, not intimidating or messy. Experimentation is exciting to you, and one of your strengths is the ability to ask the right questions to uncover the most important pieces of information.
- Resilient: you realize that the quickest path to success is through failures, so you aren't afraid to jump in and try something new. Your failures are your biggest learning opportunities, so you do not let them slow you down. You fail fast, calibrate your approach, then improve your process immediately.
- Continuous Learning: you enjoy being an expert in your craft, and you know there is always more to learn. You are always striving to be an expert in your craft, and you know you can’t get there overnight. You search out thought leadership, and you never wait for information to come to you.
- Evangelizing: when you are passionate about something, you enjoy sharing that passion with others. When you get excited about something, you cannot wait to share it with others. Your passion is contagious because you can easily articulate why others should care about your passion as well.
- 2 + years of experience building customized value propositions for companies (based on detailed research).
- Experience consistently building a pipeline based on research, cold-calling and prospecting.
- 2 + years of experience negotiating and closing complex sales in competitive scenarios, including ROI proposals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience selling multiple products to multiple buyers at various levels.
- Consistent track record of achieving/exceeding sales quotas.
- Full cycle sales experience in SaaS industry.
- Experience conducting live product demos via web (GoToMeeting, join.me, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!), Parking, Tansit.
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave, 4-12 weeks
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite gym
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)