Account Executive, SMB
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and proprietary matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
What We Do: When organizations get pay right, they thrive. Employees feel valued. Productivity soars. People stay. When they get it wrong, they stumble. We partner with Executives and HR Leaders who understand compensation is critical to retaining top talent and growing employee engagement. Our segment leads the company in growth goals and is focused on individual sales and leadership development. We uncover the challenges of managing compensation and prove how our software and services can solve them for a cost.
What You Do: Target new business accounts and introduce them to PayScale's industry leading compensation data, software and services solutions via online demo. You will craft a pipeline of opportunities and build your forecasting skills.
Day-in-the-Life: As an Account Executive, your typical day may include the following…
- Host a call with a C-suite executive team, understand their current pay processes and what they believe could be improved to get pay right.
- Help make a difference for the employees of the companies you work with!
- Constantly evolving and improving sales skills and techniques through close collaboration with teammates.
- Recognition. Supporting the success of your teammates is a big part of our culture and many of us have been here for 4+ years.
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: Uncover needs & implications through strong & thorough discovery and tie back to your prospects and their leaderships value proposition(s) based on their situation
- Month 6: Ramped and in control of your sales process. Presenting to customers at a variety of executive levels. Prioritizing 30 opportunities to forecast effectively.
- Month 12: Participating in leadership opportunities and trainings. Consistently hitting quota and celebrating achievements at our fun Quota Club events!
- 2 + years of full cycle sales experience; handling a minimum of 30 complex sales opportunities
- Salesforce/CRM experience
- Able to generate opportunities independently
- Ability to integrate new software systems quickly and seamlessly
- Salesforce CRM
- Outreach, Highspot, Gong, Discover Org, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Zoom, Slack
- Office 365
Meet Your Manager: I am a coach, a mentor, and someone you can trust to empower and support you to achieve your personal goals. Before joining PayScale I was a leader with a point of view that is constantly improving my own skills and development. While at PayScale I have thrived in our engaging culture and had successful career progression. My management style is encouraging, while holding you capable. I look for your input and involvement and lead by example. My favorite thing about PayScale is our dedication to each other and our company mission that involves helping others thrive.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclites (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Phone Interview with the Talent team
- Phone Interview with a Sales Hiring Manager
- Onsite Interviews in our Seattle HQ
- Final Round Interview with Mock Discovery Exercise
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.