Account Executive, SMB
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Our Account Executives work with individuals who are empowered to improve fairness and culture for their companies. We help strengthen HR's position as a strategic lever for growth and success.
- Strategic account targeting, customizing message to demonstrate unique value to prospects.
- Logging activity to create an effective follow up plan for longer sales cycle and long term relationship with prospects.
- Discovery: Work with prospects to understand business drivers and current pay approach.
- Validation: conduct multiple calls/demos to confirm value, determine product fit, and revisit and affirm success criteria and timing.
- Proposal: propose final solutions and cost to multiple users and decision makers, reaffirm buying process and preferred solution.
- Negotiate: navigate internal competitive threats, review legal terms and conditions and reinforce PayScale core differentiators with management.
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Curious: you have a deep hunger to learn and a willingness to experiment. You find complex problems fascinating, not intimidating or messy. Experimentation is exciting to you, and one of your strengths is the ability to ask the right questions to uncover the most important pieces of information.
- Resilient: you realize that the quickest path to success is through failures, so you aren't afraid to jump in and try something new. Your failures are excellent learning opportunities, so you do not let them slow you down. You fail fast, calibrate your approach, then improve your process immediately.
- Coachable: you love feedback. You are able to adapt and apply coaching to improve performance and results.
- Self-Motivated: You are your biggest critic. You are always striving to build upon previous successes.
- Time Management: you are organized, and don't let things fall through the cracks. You prioritize your daily activity to maximize efficiency.
- 2 + years of full cycle sales experience
- Salesforce/CRM experience
- Experience handling a minimum of 30 complex sales opportunities simultaneously
- Consistent quota attainment
- Able to generate opportunities independently
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience in SaaS industry
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401-k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)