Account Executive, Strategic Accounts at PayScale
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
Who you are:
- You want to be a part of a company that is dramatically changing the way compensation is handled across North America.
- You have a natural thirst for knowledge and genuinely want to be a thought leader in whatever you sell, and you’ll work hard to get there while being patient in the process.
- You are passionate and have a proven track record of consistently exceeding expectations both for the company & your customers.
- You thrive in making the most of ambiguity. You can easily go from a day of back-to-back client meetings to a day filled with prospecting calls.
- You are an agile salesperson. You have had experience partnering quickly with your clients but have also been able to foster relationships over several quarters.
- You are naturally positive, with a keen ability to tactfully spin objections into creative solutions.
- You’re fearless. Your energy and enthusiasm can only be matched by your business acumen while speaking to C-Level clients.
- You’re a feedback master! You are able to identify your own weaknesses and have no problem saying “I don’t know.” And why would you? You are so good at implementing feedback that it makes it easy.
- You enjoy sharing your ideas and working closely with a team who is encouraging your success.
- You have an affinity for working with numbers… You don’t need to be a nuclear physicist or a corporate controller, but you shouldn’t be scared by a percentile, talking about “median” vs “average”, hearing really bad math jokes! You should be somewhat knowledgeable about data and spreadsheets in general.
What you'll be doing:
- Generate new business opportunities through both pre-qualified meetings and your own prospecting.
- You’ll use Salesfoce on a regular basis to manage your pipeline of opportunities, keeping it up to date as you go.
- Work through multiple contacts within an organization, escalating the sale over a period of time.
- You will actually talk to people! At PayScale, our reps get to interact with a variety of contacts daily, from HR Generalist to C-level.
- You’ll become an expert in compensation strategy and the product. This will allow you to manage your business from start to finish without having to involve a technical expert.
- From concept to close, you’ll strike the ideal balance between being a trusted advisor for your clients and asking for their business/pushing the close.
- 5+ years of proven success managing a complex sales process, selling multiple products and working with multiple key stakeholders; Preferably within the HR Tech or SaaS industries.
- 5+ years of experience in the Human Capital industry, as a Compensation Consultant, Compensation Analyst, Compensation Manager (or equivalent)
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- 401k with company match
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)