Account Executive at Shiftboard
Due to continued growth, Shiftboard is looking for an Account Executive to join our sales team.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics, and great communication skills. If you have the ambition to learn new technologies, drive sales, and deliver results, this may be the role for you.
What you'll do
This is a full sales cycle inside sales role, pursuing new customers out of our Seattle, WA office. This role provides the opportunity to sell a groundbreaking new technology to a large and underserved market.
The new business Account Executive (AE) will manage the sales process for new prospective customers throughout the sales cycle for both warm and cold leads. Ultimately, the AE is accountable for exceeding monthly/quarterly quota, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader Shiftboard partner ecosystem.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, smart, curious self-starters who are eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, comfortable with ambiguity, and have a strong desire to be part of building a business. Strong cross-functional teamwork and proven success engaging various pre/post sales resources required.
- Represent Shiftboard and its product suite to new customer accounts in all industries.
- Educate prospects that have very little prior knowledge about our technology.
- Meet and exceed direct sales goals.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process, including lead generation via cold calling, inbound leads, qualification, evaluation, and closing.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline; prospect and assess sales potential with the ability to move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in salesforce.com:
- logging all sales activities within the established processes
- keeping customer accounts current and accurate
- generating incoming lead flow through targeted accounts
- Educate yourself on Shiftboard’s competition.
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including Account Management, Product Management, Customer Success, and Sales Engineers.
- Develop and deliver customized sales presentations and product demonstrations, by phone/ web-demo or in person.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management and support staff.
- Work effectively within a team environment to maximize revenue potential and ensure customer success.
- Attend conferences as required by management to promote Shiftboard for the purpose of generating leads and sales.
Skills you'll need
- BS/BA degree
- 3+ years of direct software/technology sales experience in an Account Executive role or equivalent quota-carrying role, with SaaS/PaaS sales experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing and closing the sales cycle
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of the company) in past positions
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Open to receiving and acting on feedback in an effort to improve results
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary, typically about 10%
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Ownership opportunity: Employee stock option program
- Healthcare: Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Transportation benefit: ORCA card or monthly subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Ten paid holidays
- Free movie passes to SIFF (festival and year-round cinema)
- Career advancement opportunities (We are growing!)
- All the equipment you'll need to be successful, including MacBook your first day
Who we are
Shiftboard is a cloud-based scheduling and workforce management solution for organizations with shift-based workforces. Simply put, we automate the complexities of scheduling hourly workers by integrating staff information, scheduling demands, and communication tools into one solution. We help companies around the world overcome the complexities of staff scheduling and people management with our revolutionary scheduling solution.
Shiftboard seeks to make every employee feel appreciated. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer an employee stock option program, unlimited paid time off, a business casual dress code, and open communication policy. We are expanding rapidly and the time to get in on the ground floor is now. If you appreciate being challenged to do your best work, making a difference every day through innovation and commitment to customers, and copious amounts of free food, please take the time to send us your resume!