Customer Success Manager, Commercial at Outreach (Seattle, WA)
Industry and product knowledge
- Keeping abreast of sales and revenue trends to increase your credibility in the industry, e.g. going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, researching case studies
- Learning about the experiences other customers have with Outreach, so that you can apply these successes and learnings to your conversations
- Developing expertise on the product - its value, use cases, features, and integrations
Understanding success, influencing outcomes, and stakeholder management
- Knowing your book of business, what your clients are trying to accomplish, and translating these to our value framework
- Partnering with and influencing key stakeholders on how best to achieve these goals, removing roadblocks where necessary; this can range from product adoption, prioritisation, or technical [handled directly or in partnership with internal teams]
- Navigating complex networks within an organization
- Contextualizing data and positioning return on investment and the overall strategy to differentiate the conversation [tailored to audience level]
Delivering value and influencing renewals
- Partnering with Expansion AE in renewals and expansion; this includes taking a forward-looking view on upcoming renewals and enabling value driving programs early and often, while Expansion AE leads commercial conversations
- Championing the development and follow through on Customer Success Plans that seed the success for your accounts across your book of business, and are aligned on with your clients
- Identifying and acting quickly to resolve red flags that may put renewal at risk
Partner with internal resources, acting as customer advocate
- Connecting internal teams to maximise the customer experience – Product, Professional Services, Support, Sales, Marketing, and Leadership
- Prioritising multiple projects at the same time, managing several internal / external stakeholders who have varying priorities ranging from business, technical, and organisational
- Strategic & Critical Thinking - you connect the dots between objectives and action, and can answer the customer needs [vs. what they asked]. There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to solving problems and you use data and solid judgement to back up your approach. Paired with your curiosity, this leads you to new solutions, deeper relationships and continued personal growth.
- Outcomes Focused - you focus on the actions and behaviors that influence outcomes, and hold both yourself and your customers accountable.
- Proactivity - you understand the big picture and are consistent in your efforts to guide clients on the path to success. This includes anticipating / resolving risks, strategically tapping internal resources, and maintaining clear alignment on success criteria.
- High EQ - an active listener and incredibly present, you pick up on the non-verbal cues and understand the tone of the conversation and how to communicate the right message to each member of the audience.
- Empathy - you believe Customer Success is People Success, it’s not just retention and expansion. You are curious about the people you speak with, ask intelligent questions to unearth their pain points, and act as a partner in resolution.
- Expertise [alternative: Trusted Advisor] - you are highly credible, with the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders and align them to a common vision. You know your customers, what they value, where they are in their maturity, and how to help them unlock their potential.
- Reliability - You are realistic about outcomes and comfortable in communicating these. Your actions show that you are accountable as the owner of your book of business, a teammate, and that you respect the process. As a result, the customer and Outreach can rely on your judgement, integrity, and transparency.
We think you’ll likely have these skills and attributes if you have the following experience:
- 5 to 7 years of CSM, Account Management, or related experience in SaaS supporting business transformation and driving customer outcomes with a complex software
- Protecting renewals for a book of 10-20 corporate clients through driving adoption of tools and influencing customers - you have consistently over-achieved
- Measuring software ROI
- Understanding of sales processes, methodologies, and strategies. Knowledge of the Sales Engagement space and content sequencing strategies.
- Exposure to Sales Engagement or Marketing Automation Softwares and how they integrate with CRMs.
Values drive our behaviours and the decisions we make. In addition to the above, we look for candidates who share and can demonstrate our core values:
- We are hungry craftspeople - we’re obsessed with continuous improvement.
- We have grit and perseverance - we know that true champions have the will to break through walls.
- We are one with our customers - we treat their pain and success as our own.
- We’re always honest - with ourselves, our colleagues and our community.
- We got your back - working at Outreach means you’re part of a family where no matter what, we’ll help you accomplish ever great feats and celebrate with you.
- We take ownership - each of us is responsible for our collective success, and we expect you to represent your authentic self.
- We find strength in diversity, equity and inclusion - we go out of our way to find different points of view that challenge our own perspective.