DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT at Adswerve, Inc.
Adswerve is seeking an articulate and enthusiastic individual to lead a team within our dynamic Account Management Department as a Director of Account Management. This role focuses on the development and ultimate success of Account Executives, Account Managers, and client relationships therein. Collaboration is essential, so we are looking for an individual who thrives on building relationships with their clients, team, and peers.
As a Director of Account Management, you may also manage a handful of key Agency and/or Direct Marketer relationships. This entails managing a portfolio of clients to provide strategic guidance on how to best leverage the Google Marketing Platform to achieve desired campaign performance, and work internally with cross-product teams as necessary to service clients to seek and approach ongoing business growth opportunities.
Above all else, our Directors of AM are ultimately responsible for going above and beyond and ensuring the growth and satisfaction of their team’s entire portfolio and instilling a deep understanding of digital marketing products and industry best practices. This role also assists with projects that include technical assistance on business pitches, product implementations, product upgrades, and custom solutions.
- Is a manager and a mentor
- Reports to the Vice President of Account Management
- Advises and consults on, but does not actively manage, media buying campaigns, analytics, cloud and attribution solutions
- Is responsible for the overall satisfaction and growth of designated team portfolio
- Strategizes with Sales, Directors of Strategic Consulting, and the Services Department on account opportunities and Adswerve value enhancement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and lead a staff of Account Executives and Account Managers who are strategically aligned with client portfolios to ensure accurate and reliable service at scale
- Understand the overall portfolio of business objectives and build strong partnerships and lines of communication with VP of Account Management and leadership
- Responsible for monitoring portfolio growth goals and continuously updating leadership on account accelerators/decelerators
- Serves as a team escalation point, ensuring timely project launches and issues are identified and promptly resolved
- Understand the customer concern for issues that arise with campaigns within the portfolio, working with fellow Director of Account Management and Account Directors to develop plans for future prevention and team education to mitigate further occurrences
- Control the output (quality/quantity) and measurement of your team's responsibilities
- Monitor and guide Adswerve partner relationships as they correspond to portfolio
- Assist team with negotiating service contracts and hourly project renewals (as needed)
- Collaborating with Finance for portfolio projections and planning
- Act as an educator and thought-leader for your team, proactively staying abreast of GMP product knowledge, system issues, and overall industry trends
- Regular travel required (may vary depending on portfolio, 1-2x/mo on average)
- Continuously seek case study opportunities within portfolio
- Team player embracing the overall Adswerve vision and culture
- Self-starter, quick learner, and a strong sense of integrity
- 2+ years of management and/or team leadership experience
- 5+ years working with and/or selling programmatic digital media buying via DSP solutions (Turn, RocketFuel, DV 360, Trade Desk, Amobee, etc.) and/or Paid Search platform (Google Ads, Search Ads 360, Kenshoo, Bing, Baidu, etc) and/or Social Media & Amazon platform expertise
- Ability to maintain poise, confidence and professional disposition in high-pressure situations
- Nimble and analytical problem-solving skills
- Unrivaled people skills
- A passion for going above and beyond for your clients
- Experience with 1:1 client ownership
- Experience retaining and growing client relationships through strategic recommendations
- Outstanding organizational, written and oral communication
- Excellent personal and professional references.
- 5+ years Advertising and/or Analytics Agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing/Advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Google Analytics a plus
- Assumes a high level of enthusiasm and has an interest in furthering a career at Adswerve
- Understanding of or experience working with 3rd party ad serving tools and/or rich media ad serving technologies
As a leading Google Marketing and Cloud partner, Adswerve is a team of media and analytics veterans who believe smart marketing is built on data discovery. Formerly two separate entities, Adswerve acquired Analytics Pros in August of 2018 and is now able to provide unparalleled expertise across the entire Google Marketing and Cloud Platforms. With offices in Denver, Seattle and New York, Adswerve helps thousands of digital marketers, data analysts and agencies make stronger connections with their customers through successful data-driven strategies.
Our top-tier partnership with Google provides accelerated growth opportunities and a positive, rewarding environment for employees. We have a vibrant, partnership-oriented corporate culture where employees are respected for their experience, contributions and teamwork. We provide excellent benefits, a fun workplace and promote a fantastic and healthy work-life balance.
Adswerve is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Adswerve will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.