Director of Account Management at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:03 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, December 3, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Microsoft, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. Convoy is on a roll, and we’re seeing incredible success and momentum. However, for us to get to the next level and achieve our long-term goals, we must grow our business with enterprise customers by an order of magnitude. This won’t be easy, but with the right head - someone smart, dynamic, and hardworking - someone who can learn, navigate, and eventually mold the freight industry - and someone who can develop deep relationships with senior executives at Fortune 500 companies - we can do it.
You have proven to be experienced in account management and can be a role model in a high growth and fast paced environment. You have a proven track record of building Fortune 500 customers in high-growth situations, and building long-term strategic relationships with them. You have experience in growing revenue, managing service and heading teams that manage those levers to Fortune 500 companies. You have led teams of 20 or more people, and are able to marshall your team to meet extraordinary goals. You can recruit, hire, and coach people in your organization to become incredible account managers. You hold your team to high standards and are passionate about people development. You are tech savvy and also work well across an organization, forming strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, including operations, marketing, product, and finance.
You will have ownership of:
- Own one of our largest Enterprise portfolios, driving revenue and margin growth as well as customer satisfaction.
- Have deep knowledge of Convoy - our offerings and ideal position in the industry, and play a key role in establishing and maintaining long term partnerships with large enterprise customers.
- Be a critical member of the revenue organization’s management team and influence our story / value proposition, go-to-market strategy and offerings
- Manage a team of highly skilled account management executives - coaching and encouraging them to achieve difficult goals, while promoting longer-term career goals.
- Develop and execute sales processes based on real data (e.g. pipeline management and forecasting discipline)
- Develop strong advocacy with key internal partner teams such as Legal, Finance and Product to accelerate growth velocity and margin.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of account management, business management or customer success experience in the transportation/supply chain industry (e.g. managing and building teams, demonstrated success in growing client revenue and customer satisfaction)
- Experience managing high performing account management teams, including managers who have grown Fortune 500 companies.
- Demonstrated skills in managing and influencing key stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills; demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence; exceptional peer relationship skills.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!