Director, Business Development
DomainTools is looking for a Director, Business Development who will lead our business partnerships strategy and have a big impact on our overall success. This person will be a key member of the Product Organization working very closely with Product Management, Sales, R&D, and members of the DomainTools leadership team to set and execute the strategy for strategic partnerships which include data sharing agreements, product integrations, OEM deals, and other business development activities. The ideal candidate has both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to understand relevant technologies and create successful business opportunities for the company. If you want to make a big impact in a fun, established company with a start-up like environment, and have strong business development skills, DomainTools is the place to be!
- Create a market map and identify areas for growth – Examine the business landscape, segment it, and identify areas for potential growth. Partner cross-functionally to undercover opportunities to assess and determine their viability.
- Evaluate new data sources for our products – Identify new data sources that can complement our existing sources and product capabilities, measure their viability with R&D, and negotiate deals with the owners of those data sources as necessary.
- Establish new business relationships – Think strategically, build compelling value propositions, and develop new relationships with companies and other organizations that are mutually beneficial. Partner with Sales to uncover potential OEM opportunities. Partner with Product Management on new product integration opportunities.
- Maintain existing business relationships – Ensure our existing business relationships are delivering the results we are looking for. Find new opportunities to grow existing relationships and build upon our success.
- 5+ years in Business Development in B2B technology companies
- Excellent partnership and relationship management skills
- Solid negotiation skills, business acumen, and financial acumen
- Experience in the security market, with strong understanding of the market landscape
- Good technical understanding of the various technologies used in the security industry
- Demonstrated ability to set long term strategy while achieving short term business objectives
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues and business leaders
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Willing to travel 25% of the time
- MBA or equivalent job experience
- Proven ability to deliver tangible value from a business development role
DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. We take indicators from your network, including domains and IPs, and connect them with nearly every active domain on the Internet. Those connections inform risk assessments, help profile attackers, guide online fraud investigations, and map cyber activity to attacker infrastructure. Fortune 1000 companies, global government agencies, and leading security solution vendors use the DomainTools platform as a critical ingredient in their threat investigation and mitigation work.
Read Full Job Description