Director, Global Channel & Partnerships
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced leader to help set and execute the strategy for our global partner ecosystem. The channel team at Smartsheet is only a few years old and provides a great opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of an important investment area of the company. This role is responsible for building and operating a program and team that drives growth and provides significant value to customers by enabling Partners to help sell, deliver services, and build solutions on the Smartsheet platform.
The right candidate has international sales experience in Channel Sales and has proven success developing and building scalable partner programs. This leadership role will oversee a team of Channel Account Managers as well as the Partner Program. This team is responsible for driving direct sales and supporting collaborative sales with our Direct Sales team, as well as driving Smartsheet growth and customer value with a partner program that allows Partners to build successful businesses on and with Smartsheet.
Smartsheet Channel team works globally in regions such as EMEA, APAC and LATAM. The right candidate should have experience working with these regions and should be proficient in the rules of engagement in these countries. In addition, the candidate has a good understanding of what motivates partners, regionally, as well as by partner type (systems integrator, solutions partner, reseller, consultant, etc.).
This role reports to the VP of Customer & Partner Success and will work closely with leadership across Sales, Professional Services, Product Development, Product Marketing, and Finance to ensure we are driving successful expansion, minimizing Channel conflict, and operating with a unified Partner strategy both internally and externally.
- Driving a unified Partner strategy across our Certified Partner Program (CPP), Sales organization, Service organization, and Partner Marketplace
- Managing our Channel Account Managers (CAMs) to drive direct and collaborative sales through partners
- Managing quotas, providing accurate forecasting, and delivering results to exceed sales targets
- Working cross-functionally to build the programs and infrastructure necessary to drive growth of the Partner ecosystem and enable Partners to grow successful businesses on our platform
- Analyzing performance of the program and our Partners while reporting on that performance on an ongoing basis
- Be a stakeholder and align with internal product and development to develop a Solutions Marketplace-like solution where solutions developed by partners will be a key part of the offering
- Determine how we invest partner development funds and other co-investments in partners and report on ROI
- 5+ years experience in the development and management of a Channel and or Partner Program in SaaS
- 5+ years sales management experience
- Proven ability to build strategy and programs from the ground up managing objectives and needs across both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with other regions--EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- Be able to have C-level conversations with partners and customers in all regions
- Proven track record of building a comprehensive multi-tiered and scalable partner program
- Solid understanding of working with all partner types: systems integrators, solutions partners, resellers and consultants
- Willing to travel based on partner and business need
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.