Skilljar’s Sales department is growing quickly and we are looking to add an experienced Director of Sales to the team. This person will oversee our fast-growing Account Executive team and will work closely as well as report directly to our VP of Sales. Our ideal candidate will be tenured in helping a team meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets as well as focus on building and maintaining a highly motivated and results driven sales organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for helping to develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve targets and expand Skilljar’s customer base and should have strong inside sales management experience.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in prospect meetings and/or demos. Engaging with other company resources as required.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new Account Executives.
- Ability to build and execute a sales plan.
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings and coaching direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure.
- Reviewing AE level Quarterly Business Objectives and working with them on achieving those objectives.
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, tracking the results, and reporting on and sharing forecasts with leadership and finance team members.
- A motivational leader that is capable of leading a high performing sales team.
- Able to think horizontally while collaborating with other leaders across the business to drive results (including Account Development, Marketing & Finance).
- At least 5+ years of individual contributor, quota-carrying SaaS sales experience. Plus an additional 5+ years of inside sales management experience.
- Ability to recruit, lead, and retain high performing Account Executives.
- The ability to influence executives, customers, and partners.
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in person). Able to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of individuals within a customer organization.
- The ability to communicate weekly forecasts to upper management.
- Develop and refine a repeatable sales process, reporting and forecasting sales pipeline.
- Ensure a sales system aligned with Skilljar values.
- Experience with building territories (Geographical and Segments)
- Experience running Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
- Oversee incentive programs to motivate the sales team.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment preferred.
- Strong drive to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent years of related work experience.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.
Read Full Job Description