Director, Solutions Consulting - Strategic / Growth at Outreach
Your Daily Adventures Will Include: Working in a fast-growth company means that no day is ever the same! But here are the main responsibilities and tasks you’ll undertake while working for us:
- Team development
- Attract, hire, manage, coach, and develop employees to ensure teams are high-performing.
- Drive changes to ensure the team is structured effectively to provide proactive and reactive support to customers and prospects.
- Create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working to achieve common objectives.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer care.
- Sales activity and oversight
- Drive customer success, sales methodology and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement.
- Ensure successful delivery of POCs and guided technical validation efforts.
- Support Solutions Consultants and sales reps on all sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and other general sales support as a player/coach.
- Close business with accounts of all sizes, and develop relationships with key customers.
- Communicate effectively with sales, management, customers, and support staff.
- Travel to customer locations in territory to support sales efforts.
- Industry and platform knowledge
- Keep abreast of sales trends to increase your credibility in the industry e.g. going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, researching case studies.
- Learn about the experiences other customers have with Outreach, to apply these successes and learnings to conversations.
- Become a solution expert - platform features, value and use cases.
- Continuous improvement
- Reflect on successes and failures, and make improvements to your ways of working as a result.
- Work cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaboration for process improvement
QUALIFICATIONS: At Outreach, we believe it’s your skills and attributes that ultimately make you successful in a role. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Selling knowledge and expertise. You are knowledgeable in best practice sales processes, methodologies and technologies. You use this knowledge to manage high volume transactional business, enterprise selling, and solution selling.
- Communication and organization. You are methodical and able to multi‐task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. You have strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Leadership. You’re a proven collaborator who can liaise with all levels and departments within an organization.
- Technical acumen. You have developed technical skills and/or the ability to acquire in‐depth knowledge and use of the Outreach platform.
- Talent attraction. You are constantly on the lookout for the best talent to bring onboard.
We think you’ll likely have these skills and attributes if you have the following experience:
- 4+ years managing a high-performing PreSales Solution Consulting team (remote/field resources), including both transactional sales and strategic selling
- 8+ years as a PreSales Solution Consultant with a demonstrated track record of success.
Values drive our behaviors and the decisions we make. In addition to the above, we look for candidates who share and can demonstrate our core values:
- We are hungry craftspeople. We’re obsessed with continuous improvement.
- We have grit and perseverance. We know that true champions have the will to break through walls.
- We are one with our customers. We treat their pain and success as our own.
- We’re always honest with ourselves, our colleagues and our community.
- We got your back. Working at Outreach means you’re part of a family where no matter what, we’ll help you accomplish ever great feats and celebrate with you.
- We take ownership. Each of us is responsible for our collective success, and we expect you to represent your authentic self.
- We find strength in diversity and inclusion. We go out of our way to find different points of view that challenge our own because