Enterprise Sales Engineer at DomainTools
Join us to help our customers fight the bad people! With threats to organizations expanding and breach notices in the news every day, our market is growing exponentially. We need an experienced Enterprise Sales Engineer to help our customers improve their security posture. As an Enterprise Sales Engineer at DomainTools, you will have the opportunity to work with the largest companies in the world to conceptualize and implement new and inventive ways to integrate our products and data into their workflows and systems (SIEM, TIP, SOAR technologies).
You are a talented, driven and insanely curious Sales Engineer, focused on helping Enterprise Customers operationalize the DomainTools product suite. You are excited to dive into all aspects of the go-to-market organization at DomainTools to help our teams with presentations, demonstrations, and customer calls.
As a Sales Engineer, you will act as a technical resource during the sales process working alongside our account representatives to provide support during discovery, demonstration, and proof of concept. You will also be a key creator and presenter of webinars and support the marketing team at conferences.
You are a collaborative, energetic individual that will contribute to the Customer Solutions & Support team and the business. You excel in a dynamic environment, delivering messaging and feedback to the product, engineering, and integration organizations, and work proactively to drive customer experience.
- Effectively communicate DomainTools’ technical architecture, product capabilities and assist in customers’ use and implementation of products and services.
- Deliver technical product presentations and demonstrations in partnership with Marketing by leading presentations on webinars and in-person at conferences and trade-shows.
- Provide technical support to our prospects and sales teams by triaging issues and liaising with the product and engineering teams to deliver timely answers.
- Become an expert on Cyber Threat Intelligence and DomainTools’ data, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with the DomainTools product and engineering teams to define and test new features, across all products, that leverage current and emerging DomainTools datasets, resolve customer issues, and adapt to changes in new integrations.
- Be diligent in tracking implementations and documenting best practices and lessons learned. Contribute to documentation for both internal teams and an external audience.
- Ensure excellent service and support for customers by creating long-term business relationships, create innovative Sales to push user adoption and maximize the value of our products and/or integrations.
- Utilize Jira, Aha!, Confluence and Salesforce to track all pertinent information related to products, features, bugs, opportunities and accounts.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Key Applicant Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience as a Sales Engineer for an Enterprise focused sales organization
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages, application development, databases, and analytical tools.
- Experience communicating effectively with software engineers about a product’s technical capabilities, including API endpoints and integration use cases.
- Fast learner, adept at understanding and articulating new technologies and corresponding value propositions on the fly.
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven, self-sufficient and able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast paced environment.
- Insanely curious. Ability to digest complex technologies and present a vision of what can be accomplished using our tools to our customers.
- Experience or familiarity in network/cyber security industry.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Good understanding of various firewall and web proxy technologies.
- Working knowledge of SIEM / TIP / SOAR platforms.
- Familiarity with JSON / RESTful API endpoints.
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, flexible PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.