Manager, Account Management at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Manager, Account Management to help scale the Auto’s Vertical, and possible new verticals in the future. If you are a confident, self-starter leader who enjoys building relationships and helping team members achieve success, this is the role for you.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Partner with Sales, Onboarding, Tools, and other cross-functional teams to manage new and/or ongoing initiatives to drive growth
- Determine key business needs and operational improvements by creating and managing actionable plans.
- Coach and develop Account Managers to increase effectiveness and help deliver value to our customers through weekly 1:1’s
- Manages more complex transactions, either directly or through escalations utilizing JIRA, Salesforce, Zuora, Zendesk or other 3rd party tools.
- Communicating with the team on expectations and hold them accountable to those expectations
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and prioritize current workload with to ensure project deliverables are met
- Collaborate with Product, Research, and Business Operations to ensure the learnings are incorporated in the overall business direction
- Ensure all hiring needs are met for the team and manage a pipeline of candidates by self-sourcing, forecasting, and qualifying candidates
- Monitor and analyze team inputs/outputs usage of our product
- Build and update reports for Partners and internal team
- Lead by example and demonstrate the company’s operating principles and values
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 2+ years of previous management experience
- 5+ years of proven Account Management, Customer Support, Vendor Management, Customer Success, or New Business Development or other relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to influence others in the team.
- Track record of exceeding new business, account growth, and churn targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Understanding the art of selling to busy, no-nonsense business owners while developing relationships for long-term success
Helpful, but not required:
- Multi-lingual; Spanish-speaking a big plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Salesforce, Zuora,, Excel, Google Applications and other reporting tools including B.I. Tools, Tableau
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.