Manager of Sales - Commercial Account Management
THIS IS A PEOPLE MANAGEMENT ROLE
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
We are in hyper-growth stage at Convoy and building a world-class Account Management (AM) organization that focuses on delighting our customers and growing their investment in Convoy. As a Manager of Commercial Account Management, you will lead and grow a team of 10 - 12 AM’s and support them in meeting and exceeding quarterly account retention and growth targets. Located in our Seattle office, this role reports to the Director of Commercial Business and is an integral part of the Commercial Leadership Team (CLT). This is a critical leadership role at a fast-growing company solving a complex problem in an enormous market.
For the right person that can bring leadership, passion, drive, strategic thinking and collaboration to a growing business line, this position offers the unique opportunity to have a profound impact on the success of Convoy, and build the customer relationships that will allow us to continue to be one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
What You Will Help Drive:
- Coaching, mentoring and motivating members of the Account Management team
- Execute on quarterly customer retention and volume growth targets
- Develop strategic account strategies for team members and manage day-to-day operations, with a focus on performance of key performance metrics
- Analyze and report on key metrics and forecasts to senior leadershipInspire, motivate and enable personal and career development of a world class team, both to promote career growth and to increase impact for Convoy
- Identify, interview and hire sales talent and continually "raise the bar" with each new hire
- Provide onboarding and continuous training for the Account Managers to help them meet their individual goals
- Contribute creative ideas and best practices to help the organization become world-class
- Work cross functionally with Sales Management, Sales Operations, Marketing, Business Technology and Finance
- Be an exemplar of Convoy’s values, foster collaboration, and bolster our team based environment
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A BA/BS degree
- Excellent organizational skills (experience with Smartsheet, Asana, Trello, etc. a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain internal relationships and build trust
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- You have 1-3+ years of experience directly managing a team of individual contributors in strategic account management and/or account development
- You have experience selling a technical product or possess the aptitude to quickly learn this
- You have proven experience and passion for coaching, motivating, and growing the people you work with
- You are a self starter; comfortable with defining goals, success factors, and key metrics for programs, and delivering against them
- You have the demonstrated ability to be an inspirational leader, including building and maintaining strong team culture and morale
- You have strong analytical abilities with a background in planning and managing through data
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description