Manager, West Coast Account Management - Startups at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Customer Success Team at PitchBook drives relationship management, business development and ensures our customers are KING! PitchBook is looking for a highly motivated Manager of West Coast Account Management with a passion for technology and an interest in the private equity and venture capital industry.
At PitchBook we work closely together to bring the most accurate, comprehensive data library available to the private equity and venture capital markets. Working at PitchBook means leveraging your skills, your passion, and your desire to accomplish big things and have some fun while you are at it!
The Manager of West Coast Account Management - Startups will lead a growing team of Account Managers while having ownership of personnel development, team leadership, customer retention and growth.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Will lead and inspire a team of Account Managers by fostering an environment that empowers personal and organizational growth
- Responsible for the retention and growth of a large book of startup accounts managed by their direct reports
- Identify and drive key objectives and results for the team
- Maintain a regular cadence of 1:1s with each team member to recap performance, identify improvement opportunities and support career development
- Serve as a point of escalation for critical client questions and coordinate with direct reports to resolve all client issues including negotiation support and approval of proposal terms
- Strives to perfect new startup client onboarding, to improve the startup customer experience, and prevent churn
- Works collaboratively and strategically with the Senior Leadership Team to improve startup account retention, customer health, and grow total spend of startup client accounts
- Design and deliver ongoing team trainings on PitchBook's offerings to ensure AMs are well-equipped to retain and grow their books of business
- Participate and contribute to Customer Success Leadership meetings
- Continuous innovation in how startup customers can utilize the PitchBook platform
- Goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Grows the startup customer lifetime value
- Is a team player and enjoys working as a part of a global, close-knit team
- Support the vision and values of the company by setting an example and demonstrating desired behaviors
- 3+ years of experience in either account management, customer success, or sales
- 1+ years as a manager with direct reports
- Four-year college degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Relentless drive to ensure "Customers Are King"