Market Development Representative
Shiftboard is looking for a Market Development Representative (MDR) to join our growing and active demand generation and sales team.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics, and great communication skills. If you have the ambition to learn new technologies, drive sales, and deliver results, this may be the role for you.
What you'll do
In this role, you will be responsible for the outbound efforts of identifying, educating, and developing prospects based on the value of Shiftboard and creating new qualified opportunities for the Account Executives. The Market Development Representative engages, educates, and qualifies prospects through consulting around their business challenges, communicating Shiftboard as a solution and evaluating the potential fit for a partnership. This is an inside sales position working out of the Seattle office that reports to the Director of Demand Generation.
- Make outbound reach outs (calls, emails, social, mailers, etc.) to prospects within target accounts, creating a great first impression by providing them with a world-class experience.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing prospects through creative follow-up communications designed to educate and increase prospect interest.
- Schedule appointments between qualified prospects and Account Executives.
- Build knowledge of Shiftboard's software and services, including the ability to demo, providing accurate product information and use case solutions to prospects.
- Partner collaboratively with Account Executives to successfully transition prospects into the next phase of the sales cycle.
- Keep Salesforce updated to ensure the team is working with consistent and accurate information.
- Utilize Outreach to manage call/email cadences.
Qualification you'll need
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-2 years of SaaS sales experience as an SDR/BDR/MDR required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to connect business challenges to high impact solutions
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics
- High energy, positive attitude and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Ownership opportunity: Employee stock option program
- Healthcare: Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Transportation benefit: ORCA card or monthly subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Ten paid holidays
- Career advancement opportunities (We are growing!)
- All the equipment you'll need to be successful, including MacBook your first day
Who we are
Shiftboard is a cloud-based scheduling and workforce management solution for organizations with shift-based workforces. Simply put, we automate the complexities of scheduling hourly workers by integrating staff information, scheduling demands, and communication tools into one solution. We help companies around the world overcome the complexities of staff scheduling and people management with our revolutionary scheduling solution.
Shiftboard seeks to make every employee feel appreciated. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer an employee stock option program, unlimited paid time off, a business casual dress code, and open communication policy. We are expanding rapidly and the time to get in on the ground floor is now. If you appreciate being challenged to do your best work, making a difference every day through innovation and commitment to customers, and copious amounts of free food, please take the time to send us your resume!