Sales Development Representative at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking multiple Sales Development Representatives (inbound) to join our fast-growing team focused on the B2B technology space. You will work closely with Account Executives, the Sales leadership, and the Marketing team in scaling a sales development process that's delivering data-driven results. You will be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where you will have direct input into go-to-market strategy and how we improve the product.
Exceptional performers will have the opportunity to grow into other roles in the company including the Business Development Representative role to jump-start their career in SaaS sales. This is a fantastic opportunity for driven, strategic, and high-judgment individuals to get in early at a rapidly accelerating startup that is already serving hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients.Responsibilities
- Create a great first impression for prospects and customers by providing them with a world-class experience.
- Respond and qualify leads ranging from inbound calls, chats, website downloads, content syndication from third party websites, and webinars.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Skilljar.
- Schedule qualified meetings and develop new business opportunities to fuel Skilljar’s growth.
- Help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
- 1 year of experience, preferably on a Sales team in a corporate setting.
- A desire to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle...the bottom line is this role is challenging. Why are you going to push harder when the going gets tough?
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, customer focus, and highly data-driven are musts.
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively competitive environment. Make others around you better while achieving your own goals.
- Innately and insatiably curious. Be committed to lifelong learning and continuous development (i.e. be better today than you were yesterday).
- Coachability -- don’t just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, and digest feedback critically and adapt to overcome challenges.
- Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background checks are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.