Sales Development Representative at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are a sharp, agile, and energized with a desire to take part in the dramatic growth currently underway. In this role, you will make outbound calls to potential clients who have expressed interest in learning more about Convoy or appear to be strong potential customers based upon our general market focus. The Sales Development Representative qualifies prospective customers through targeted questions about their business strategy to include informing them about Convoy’s mix of technology and transportation services and ascertains the likelihood of the prospect being a good match for our services. Leveraging a mix of high volume phone calls and outbound email communication, this person will have a passion for delivering a strong first contact experience for future customers.
This position is a individual contributor and will report to the Manager of Sales Development.
You will take ownership of:
- Rapidly respond to inbound marketing leads via phone and email
- Present a balanced approach to cold calling, relationship development, sales process, and appointment setting
- Drive awareness into lead prospect base through ongoing nurture via email and call campaigns
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover business challenges
- Build lead pipeline and regularly communicate with Direct Sales & New Markets to ensure alignment
- Share information about Convoy and ask questions about the prospect's business intentions
- Discern potential for purchase and schedule appointments with those who are of good potential to the Sales Account Executives to pursue
- Schedule appointments between prospects and Business Development Executives or Account Executives
- Record prospect information in CRM database
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 1+ year in sales, sales development, or related field
- A BA/BS degree
- Professional vocal skills: courteous, well spoken, pleasing vocal tone, and polished in asking questions and sharing information
- Understanding of complex sales cycles and solution selling tactics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated by individual and team achievement
- Highly organized with ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Able to connect business needs to solutions
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Gsuite and/or Microsoft Office
- Experience in Outreach a plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!